Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker retrospective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker retrospective

The reason I don't own a Playstation Vita is because some things can never be forgiven. In greener days I had a crap job, and saved up for months to buy a premium PSP pack at launch - loads of accessories, a few games, a fat £300. Man was I hyped. Fool me once, Sony, and it's shame on you.
    The PSP was a handheld that, despite relatively strong sales, never for me delivered on the promise of a portable PlayStation - except once, in its dying days. There are times when I think Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is the best game I've played, but on any day of the year it's the best game the PSP ever had - and, much more than that, one intimately bound-up with the hardware.
    The PSP's faults were little to do with its capabilities, barring that analogue nub, but more to do with the inability of great developers to bring the best out of the platform. Take the system-selling GTA: Tales from Liberty City, a game designed to be played on a television that was simply manhandled onto UMD - Sony may have had difficulty tempting third parties to the platform, but the third parties had equal trouble designing for handhelds.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X