Capturing the dragon: the music of Jeremy Soule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capturing the dragon: the music of Jeremy Soule

It could've been over-inflated tyres combined with the rain on the road and a rogue gust of wind coming in off the Pacific Ocean, but the exact cause of the accident may never be known. Regardless, as Jeremy Soule's car hydroplaned into the oncoming traffic on Insterstate 5 that night, as the headlights rushed out of the darkness towards him and as his car began to roll, the only thought in his mind was that he didn't want anyone else to be hurt.
    "You really see things in a profound sort of way, as you're hurtling at highway speeds into oncoming traffic," says the composer, who found himself accepting that these might be his final moments. "I knew that if I died that night, I felt satisfied in the direction I was going with my life. That was odd, because being a perfectionist I'm never satisfied."
    Jeremy Soule, whose work creating soundtracks for video games has won him a host of awards from organisations that include BAFTA and MTV, doesn't say that his life flashed before him. Instead, as we talk, he describes a vision of something rather more cryptic, even spiritual in nature that ties in with how he sees a world in which we're all connected.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X