In Animal Crossing, trust is a feeling rather than a commodity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Animal Crossing, trust is a feeling rather than a commodity

This week we have seen what happens when our trust is stretched beyond breaking point. I've been pondering that, same as you, but I've spent the rest of my time playing a game from a company where trust is everything.
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf is as wonderful and mesmerising as Animal Crossing always has been. As Chris Donlan wrote in our review, despite it being released in a day and age when games are more likely to charge you money to do things quickly than they are to let you set the pace, a lot of its charm resides in the way you can't do things immediately.
    Animal Crossing takes place over real days and weeks, months and years, and certain experiences only occur on specific dates or at specific times, while the rewards you receive and items that can be traded are not the same in your village as they will be in your friend's - or more likely your friends'. But this isn't a game where there is a 'perfect' way to play it in order to maximise your experience; this is simply the nature of Animal Crossing.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X