Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bayonetta 2 preview: She's got the touch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayonetta 2 preview: She's got the touch?

The best game presentation I've ever witnessed? Bayonetta, no question. Bayonetta back at E3 2009.
    A group of us were led into a weird portakabin setup on Sega's portion of the convention center floor. Inside we found Hideki Kamiya sat by himself below an enormous HD TV. On the table next to him was a small bottle of hand sanitiser and a 360 controller. We took our seats. The lights dimmed. The screen flickered to life. A colleague of Kamiya's came in and started to play.
    Cue ten minutes of absolute carnage. Angels exploded, the sky bled crimson tears, heaven itself seemed ready to come apart. The colleague sweated at the controller; Kamiya's only contribution took the form of an occasional glance towards the screen, and then a purse-lipped nod. To himself? To us? To the wider universe, in recognition for having successfully contained such a thing as he had conceived and then created? Nobody spoke as far as I recall, and then suddenly it was all over. Kamiya smiled grimly, arms folded, and we all filed out. Blinking back into the light, a friend said to me, "Did you understand any of that?"
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X