Civilization 5: Brave New World review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilization 5: Brave New World review

I have lost count of the cups of tea that have gone to waste at Firaxis' expense. The Civilization 5 developer is responsible for dozens left half-finished and forgotten, their heat dissipating as the decades roll by and Leonard Nimoy's honeyed tones note the founding of another milestone in human history or landmark feat of ingenuity. Scores more have gone cold as the music from that Hovis advert induces a Zen-like state and centuries run into hours and millennia stretch into days.
    Brave New World does not solve this problem. In fact, it exacerbates it, leaving me with lots more washing up. I can't complain.
    The main contributing factor to this new wave of tea abandonment is how well the additional systems and features of Brave New World are integrated into Civ 5, and how they serve to enhance the more recent additions in 2012's Gods and Kings expansion. Brave New World includes all the mechanics introduced there (although you'll still need Gods and Kings installed for its extra leaders and civilisations), and in going further it leaves my desk strewn with even more mugs.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X