Ken Levine talks BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Levine talks BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea

If you ever wondered whether Irrational Games could do anything BioShock-related without throwing in a twist, I've got news for you: they can't. On Monday afternoon I went to a press event in Boston expecting to see a preview version of the first BioShock Infinite DLC pack. Instead I was told the DLC, called Clash in the Clouds, was finished and due out a day later. I got to play through the entire thing. It's pretty good, making more fun out of Infinite's varied combat.
    But that wasn't even the main surprise. The biggest twist of the day was the news - accompanied by a trailer and a chance to interview creative director Ken Levine - that BioShock Infinite will be taking us back to Rapture, potentially later this year, where players will get to control Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth, each of whom gets their own playable instalment in a two-part detective story called Burial at Sea. If that's not enough excitement, Burial at Sea is set on New Year's Eve, 1958 - one year before the fall of Rapture. So we get to see it in its pomp.
    I sat down with Levine about half an hour after the announcement to find out how it came about, what we can expect, and why Irrational chose to tell a new story rather than pick up one of the threads left dangling by BioShock Infinite.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X