God of War 2 director Cory Barlog has returned to Sony Santa Monica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God of War 2 director Cory Barlog has returned to Sony Santa Monica

After a six year departure, God of War 2 director Cory Barlog has returned to the studio from which Kratos was born, i.e. Sony Santa Monica.
    So what was he up to during the last half decade plus, you ask? He helped out here and there with the God of War franchise, having written the story for God of War 3 and the script for the PSP spin-off, Ghost of Sparta. He also directed the cinematics for Crystal Dynamics' Tomb Raider reboot and worked on Mad Max with Just Cause 2 developer Avalanche. Amazingly, these were the least awesome things Barlog did.
    His Mad Max connection allowed him to work closer with the series creator, who also made such fantastic films as Babe 2: Pig in the City and Happy Feet. "I took a good few years to hone my understanding of writing and drama with George Miller," Barlog said on the PlayStation Blog. "In the years I worked with him I think I learned more about story and character development than I could with ten advanced degrees. Plus, I got to sit in the driver's seat of Max's new interceptor - that was a very big nerdvana moment!"
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X