Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse review

It's been nearly a year since the release of 3DS title Epic Mickey: The Power of Illusion, a game so forgettable I almost forgot I reviewed it. (But then, my memory isn't very good, hence the error in that article about the double-jumping. My once vivid recollections of the precise mechanics of mediocre early 90s platform games have been blurred by the passing of time and the horror of childbirth. Sorry, everyone.)
    Epic Mickey: POI was billed as the "spiritual successor" to classic Mega Drive platformer Castle of Illusion. This is like tying a ribbon round a dog turd and claiming it's a tribute to a Fabergé egg. The good news, however, is that new PSN, XBLA and PC effort Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse is the actual successor. It's got double-jumping and everything.
    The game follows the adventures of the only popular entertainer of pensionable age not to have been arrested on child sex offences as he embarks on a quest to rescue his girlfriend, Minnie, from evil witch Mizrabel. He must explore seven worlds and defeat seven bosses to collect seven rainbow gems, then smash Mizrabel's face off with a Boomshot grenade launcher while shouting "Lock and load!" and calling her a bitch.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X