Wii Party U review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii Party U review

Imagine you've recently made a new friend. They're fun, a little different, slightly unsure of themselves, but a good laugh once you get to know them. They've invited you to a get-together at their place. But an old friend is back in town. Now this friend loves parties, and usually ends up the centre of attention - at least until they decided to take a step back from the limelight a couple of years back.
    So you bring your old friend to your new friend's house, and spend almost all the time talking to them, laughing and enjoying yourselves, while your new friend sits in the corner, looking a little forlorn. You try to include them, but they insist they're fine and you should get back to your other friend - and yet you know they don't really mean it.
    I felt oddly guilty at times while playing Wii Party U. For huge portions of this surprisingly generous game, The Wii U GamePad is worryingly neglected. 'Look at the TV', its screen insists. Don't worry about me, I'm fine, it seems to be saying, as it silently sulks by the canapés, looking on with envious eyes as you smile and cheer while clutching the Wii remote, your old friend.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X