Crackdown retrospective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crackdown retrospective

There's nothing much to do at the top of the Agency Tower. Trust me: I've been there before.
    I'm there right now, actually. As I type this, my Xbox 360 is humming to itself over by the TV. I look up and rosy dawn is breaking above Pacific City. Red lights are blinking in the distance, the rising sun hits the water broadly, giving it a likeness of chrome, and my Kevlar supercop, knackered by the climb no doubt, is standing, feet apart, taking in the sights.
    And by the standards of most video games, the sights would seem to be, well, a bit underwhelming. No dragons are flying overhead. No star destroyers are being pulled down out of the cosmos. No one's stuck to cover, no one's titting about with a bow, no one's earning bonus XP. Yet this is still one of the best sights in modern video games - it feels like the lofty vantage point from which I've seen a whole generation unfold. Like Crackdown itself, the view's not beautiful because of all the things I can see. It's beautiful because of all the things I can't see. All the things I can't see because they simply aren't there.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X