Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from America: I love Forza 5

Greetings all.
    It's Thanksgiving out here this week, which means most Americans are taking a couple of days off to lounge around and relax in Boxing Day style. Except those foolish souls prepared to risk being shot, stabbed or trampled to save a buck or two in the depressingly awful spending frenzy that is Black Friday.
    I took a day off from the drudgery of writing about video games so I could spend the day playing them. Well, to be specific, putting some serious track time into Forza 5. While it looks astonishingly good, the game's true genius is in the way it works with the Xbox One controller. The force feedback is incredible: especially through the triggers where a suite of vibrations accurately portray wheelspin, loss of grip, ABS coming on and even wheel lock under braking. It recreates the experience of driving amazingly well, and if you want to play the game effectively, you really do have to drive it like you would a real car. I wrote a guide about that earlier this week, which I'm linking to for those who might be interested in seeing just how detailed Forza's controls are.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X