Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from America: I love Gran Turismo 6

Greetings all.
    Last week I professed my love for Forza 5, but my disdain for its microtransactions. Ultimately, my beef was with the way that Forza 5's microtransactional model has influenced the fundamental design of the game. This time around, in-game currency is earned far more slowly than in prior Forza editions. Couple that with the fact that all its races require you to drive specific - and in some cases very expensive - cars, and you have a game that makes you work unduly hard to enjoy everything it has to offer. Or, as seems to be the point of these changes, you can avoid the grind by spending real money to temporarily boost your earnings back to pre-Forza 5 levels and buy the cars you need.
    Of course, nobody is making me buy anything. But what I don't like is that Forza's established game structure that I've enjoyed four times previously and that seemed to be working absolutely fine has been cynically modified in the name of profit. I can understand this sort of thing in a free-to-play game from whence this kind of business model came. But to jam it into a full priced game seems wrong.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X