My heart is breaking: Inside the Dark Souls cafe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My heart is breaking: Inside the Dark Souls cafe

How did you spend Valentine's day this year? Maybe you booked a reservation at a fancy restaurant for dinner with your special someone. Maybe you found the Hallmark holiday not applicable and decided to ignore it by watching Die Hard, the way most people these days ignore Christmas. As for me, I chose to spend the evening eating at the Dark Souls cafe. Let me elaborate: I spent the evening being the only person eating at the Dark Souls cafe.
    I'm not sure what one expects from a video game-themed eatery. Games and food rarely cross paths - unless, of course, you're engaging in an eating contest - so I go in with modest expectations that quickly become drastically more modest upon entering the diner tucked into a back alley of Roppongi, Tokyo.
    The moment I enter the premises I'm suddenly hit with three very distinct thoughts: Where is everybody? Why's it so poorly lit? And why, for the love of god, is it playing club music? It was clear this was going to be a disaster, but if there's one thing Dark Souls has taught me, it's that a failed adventure is still one worth taking.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X