Explore the Seinfeld apartment in Oculus Rift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explore the Seinfeld apartment in Oculus Rift

If you've ever wanted to explore one of the most iconic sets in television history, now you can with Jerry's Place VR, a fan-made mod that details the home base from Seinfeld.
    The project was developed by Seinfeld superfan Greg Miller, who developed Jerry's Place VR as a way to become familiar with Unity. "I've been a fan of Seinfeld for a long time. After purchasing the Oculus rift I started imagining what my first project might be. I decided to pick a project that would gradually introduce me to Unity without being overly complex," Miller explained on Jerry's Place VR's official site.
    "Television is virtual reality in some ways," Miller postulated. "We make believe that Jerry's place is actually a Manhattan studio and Monks Cafe is just down the street. We suspend the reality that his apartment is just a set in Hollywood, with tons of cameras and lighting dangling overhead. I thought it would be a novel virtual reality experience to take a place that only exists in Hollywood magic, and make it for the Oculus Rift as if it were real. Virtual Reality Virtual Reality."
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X