Last night I trumped Trump at Hearthstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night I trumped Trump at Hearthstone

Last night I beat Trump in a game of Hearthstone, and my hands are still shaking.
    For me, the Arena is Hearthstone's best mode. The "constructed" portion of Blizzard's wonderful card game has gone a little stale. You see the same decks over and over again, the same cadence to play, the same meta-game. In the Arena, decks are somewhat random. There is a skill to their construction, because you have to pick one from three random cards until you have 30. You don't know if the Mage you're fighting will use Flamestrike on turn seven, because the Mage may not even have Flamestrike in their deck.
    Last night I started a new Arena run and drafted a Paladin deck, mainly because I have a quest to win a few games with the Paladin, but also because the Paladin is strong in the Arena. Usually I'm never happy with my Arena drafts. I try my best to pick cards that combo with other cards, to maintain a mana curve and make sure I have plenty of late game big hitters. Usually I end up with a deck neither terrible or great. Not last night. Last night, I ended up with a deck that was wonderful.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X