Weapons are never the solution in Alien Isolation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapons are never the solution in Alien Isolation

In Alien Isolation, the first-person survival horror game from Creative Assembly, you end up carrying a revolver - at one point you can even pick up a flamethrower - and as you're exploring the giant, decommissioned trading space station Sevastopol, slowly, as silently as possible, you bump into other humans. That's what happens to me when I play the game's newest playable level, lifted from a section set further into the game than those previously shown. As I skulk around the ruined corridors of the spaceship, all of a sudden I find myself face to face with a man.
    He isn't happy.
    You'd think he'd be delighted to see a friendly face, given there's a seething 10-foot-tall Alien stomping around, probably close by. But no. He tells me to do one. This is his room that he's boarded up and I can't share it. No, he doesn't care that we should probably work together if we want to live. Just piss off! Still crouching, I draw my revolver. "Be quiet you idiot!" I want to whisper. It will hear you. And then he does something dumb. He tries to shoot me. So I run away. Into a nearby room. And hide in a locker, peeking out through the slits in the grating.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X