LA Cops Early Access review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Cops Early Access review

If LA Cops was any earlier access it would be a Kickstarter. The developer's list of currently available features include a single playable level, character selection, and - wait for it - a menu screen. Knowing this was of great comfort to me. I simply cannot invest in a game unless I know for certain that I'll get to click some buttons before it starts.
    As menu screens go it's pretty good too. It has "LA COPS" written in big letters on it, some funky music, the sound of a police siren and a round button you can press. The roundness of the button is a particular highlight. You can't see any jagged edges on it whatsoever. Overall, I highly recommend LA Cops' menu screen.
    That said, I must confess when I first read the Steam page for LA Cops, where it states "When you buy this game you get eight levels to play through, I made the criminal mistake of expecting eight levels to play through. I figured it was sensible that the developer would list the game's features as they currently stood on the front page, rather than concealing that information halfway down the Early Access disclaimer in favour of promoting their idea of what the game will eventually be like. What a fool I am! It's Early Access! They should send some LA Cops to arrest me for crimes against sanity.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X