Project Cars is already a better racing game than Forza or Gran Turismo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Cars is already a better racing game than Forza or Gran Turismo

Slightly Mad Studios is in fighting mood. There's a slight cockiness to creative director Andy Tudor as he runs through the crowd-funded, crowd-developed game, taking an assembled audience at Brands Hatch through everything that will make Project Cars stand out, and how it's out to compete against the big hitters, against Gran Turismo and Forza. There's an admirable, tenacious bite to the demeanour, too - I can't help but think of iconic images of a sprightly Lotus Cortina snapping at the heels of the wallowing Ford Galaxie in 60s saloon racing.
    Without the backing of a platform holder, or a big, established brand of its own, Project Cars is going to need all the fight that Slightly Mad Studios can muster. "Obviously we're up against it, but I think we've got that bulldog mentality, and people root for the underdog," Tudor tells us after the presentation about Project Cars' prospects against well-established competition. "I think it's pretty bold to say that we're trying to beat Forza and Gran Turismo - I hope people at least put them in the same category, and see us as an alternative."
    The wind is blowing in Project Cars' direction, at the very least. There are plenty of racing games coming out before Christmas - the open-world American epic The Crew, the extremely polished Xbox One exclusive Forza Horizon 2 and Sony's own dazzling DriveClub - but, in the absence of mainline Forza and Gran Turismo entries, Project Cars stands alone in its intentions.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X