Editor's blog: I'm leaving Eurogamer later this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editor's blog: I'm leaving Eurogamer later this year

15 years ago, I joined a small team working on what, to me, was a very exciting project - a website for European gamers! Having grown up hanging on every word printed in Japanophile SNES magazine Super Play, before falling for those tinkerer poets at PC Gamer as my tastes progressed, the idea of building a new games publication, one through which I could explore my passion for games in my own words, was irresistible.
    15 years later, I look around and it's no longer five of us in my boss's parents' garage conversion. Eurogamer is now one of the biggest gaming sites in Europe, staffed by a dozen full-time writers and proud to publish work by a diverse range of incredibly talented contributors. Not only that, but Eurogamer's success has allowed the company founded around it to do a great many other things - to create partnerships that bring local editions of Eurogamer to countries all across Europe, to establish other great websites like GamesIndustry.biz and USgamer.net, and to build fantastic events like EGX and EGX Rezzed.
    I feel a tremendous sense of pride to have worked here for pretty much Eurogamer's entire life - the first eight years as deputy editor, the last seven as editor-in-chief - and to have helped create livelihoods for so many talented people. But now I feel as though the time is right for a change. So it's with a heavy heart that I have to announce that I am leaving Eurogamer - and Gamer Network - at the end of November to see what else there is out there in the world for me to do with my time.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X