The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers DVD review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers DVD review

John Szczepaniak, a man with the surname equivalent of a Rubik's cube, is a contributor to print publication Retro Gamer and game industry website Gamasutra. As a journalist with a like-minded affinity for gaming's historical pathways, his recently successful Kickstarter bid to unearth the secrets of Japan's game development past is a project after my own heart.
    Although Szczepaniak now finds himself embroiled in a controversial libel case with ex-Konami translator Agness Kaku, the project reached completion undeterred. With the book now released, his DVD companion - a four-hour, two-disc marathon featuring interviews and extracurricular footage of his ten-week hunt for Japan's developers of yesteryear - is available for purchase exclusively from website Hardcore Gaming 101.
    With production limited to only 500 pieces, presentation-wise you might expect a little more polish for your £40; the bubble mailer is not quite fit for long-distance carriage, my box arriving in several shards. Thankfully, the discs being held in place with sticky tape and a neatly folded layer of bog roll ensured that I was able to view the contents.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X