Sony Bend Dev Says Next Game Will "Push PS4 to Somewhere It's Never Been"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Bend Dev Says Next Game Will "Push PS4 to Somewhere It's Never Been"

Sony Bend, the Oregon-based PlayStation studio that created the Syphon Filter series and most recently worked on Uncharted: Golden Abyss, has a new, ambitious game in the works for PlayStation 4.
    As part of a Gamasutra recruitment blog post, Sony Bend technical director Christopher Reese teased that the studio's unannounced PS4 game is going to "push the PS4 somewhere it's never been before."
    "I think the thing I'm most excited about is the fact we're doing a PS4 game, and it's next-gen, and to me that means we face the challenges of reaching a quality bar that's going to make for an awesome experience for the player," he said.

"Being able to do that, as a small studio in central Oregon, but as a fully-owned studio with PlayStation's full support, means we can reach a quality bar that's really really high. We're looking for badass coders to help us push the PS4 somewhere it's never been before."
    Creative director John Garvin added: "We know that when people see this they're going to be blown away. We can boast that this came from our studio. There's a certain amount of innovation that's coming from the technology side, that just keeps us really buzzing."
    Sony Bend adds that it spent more than a year in preproduction on the mystery PS4 game, and is now entering full development on the title. The game will use Epic's Unreal Engine 4, but no further details about the project were divulged.
    Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

More...
Working...
X