Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Resogun and Robotron collide: Eugene Jarvis on his collaboration with Housemarqu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Resogun and Robotron collide: Eugene Jarvis on his collaboration with Housemarqu

It is always a treat to speak with Eugene Jarvis - even when it is over a wobbly Skype video call early in the morning, and even when he was out partying in Helsinki the night before. "The party was still going at 8am," he says, blinking. "It's crazy. We were just talking about games the whole night. It's kind of quiet and dark in Helsinki, but the people are amazing and vivacious. It feels like this entire city is about video games. I mean everywhere you walk there are video game companies and video gamers, it's just insane."
    The reason the legendary arcade designer is in Helsinki is equally insane, thankfully. Eugene Jarvis is collaborating with Housemarque on a new video game: the creator of Robotron and Defender is getting together with the people behind Super Stardust and Resogun. When I first heard the news last Thursday, I'm ashamed to say that I made an involuntary squealing sound that no human being should ever have to hear. (Actually, I'm not ashamed at all.)
    Jarvis can't tell me very much about the game yet, but that can all wait. Here's footage of him reacting to the latest prototype:
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X