Retro Metroidvania adventure Axiom Verge gets a PS4 release date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retro Metroidvania adventure Axiom Verge gets a PS4 release date

Axiom Verge - the Metroid-inspired adventure backed by former Nintendo indie game chief Dan Adelman - is coming to PS4 on 1st April for €17.99, developer Tom Happ has announced.
    As detailed on the PlayStation Blog, Happ noted that the game is entirely complete and through certification on PS4, but it's only the Vita version that is taking longer. "People who are mostly interested in the PS Vita version should not worry. It's definitely coming, and it's definitely going to be Cross-Buy," he stated. "So if you buy it on PS4, it will be ready for download on your Vita as soon as it launches there."
    So if it's already completed on PS4, why won't it be out for another month plus? This buffer period is so reviewers won't be rushed going through the ambitious, secret-filled adventure. "There's a lot of content in Axiom Verge and I want to make sure reviewers have plenty of time to play through the entire game and savour the full experience," Happ explained. "I'm personally really proud of what I've been able to accomplish as a solo dev, so my emotions run the gamut between excitement about letting the rest of the world check it out, and anxiety over letting my baby take its first steps in the wild."
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X