Ne'er Dwell: a few hours with Fallout Shelter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ne'er Dwell: a few hours with Fallout Shelter

This morning, I stuck a load of people underground and made them very unhappy. They are starving, because there is very little food. They are constantly thirsty, because there is almost no water. They are uncommonly well lit, because I accidentally bought two power generators early on, tanking my economy just as it was starting to take flight. Sadly, all my surplus energy really proves is that you cannot eat or drink light.
    Oh yes, and these dwellers of mine are not remotely sexy: I put them together in living quarters in friendly pairings and they just stare at each other, dead-eyed and grim. A while back, I sent my best guy out into the wasteland to explore. "I thought I'd never get out of there!" he said as he jogged off, never to be seen again, happier in a deadly radioactive wilderness than he was with me. Joke's on you buddy, I thought. I didn't give you a weapon.
    So if you had to pick a single word to describe my style of leadership, it would be neglectful. It always ends up this way, of course. Fallout Shelter was inevitably going to bring out the worst in me. It just did it surprisingly quickly.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X