Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekly Recap: PS4 Outsells Xbox One Again, But Xbox One Has Best Exclusives

THE BIG STUFF:

PS4 Comes Out on Top in NPD's August 2015 US Sales Report: The PlayStation 4 was yet again the best-selling console in the United States during August, Sony announced this week as part of the NPD report. However, the Xbox One was no slouch, as sales rose 26 percent compared to August 2014.
    Xbox One Exec: No Doubt We Have Best Exclusives This Holiday: According to Microsoft's Kudo Tsunoda, Sony and Nintendo can't stack up to Microsoft this holiday when it comes to exclusive content. "I think if you look at our competition, there's no way that people can really stack up with our exclusive content," he said.
    THE OTHER STUFF:

DomiNations, the new mobile strategy game from Big Huge Games and Brian Reynolds has now reached 12 million downloads in five months. BHG also reports that people are playing an average of 4-6 times per day, logging about 36 minutes every day. That's pretty incredible.
    Did you know that Kid Cudi auditioned for Star Wars Episode 7? He totally did. No word on which role he auditioned for, but sadly, he didn't land the part.
    I auditioned!! That whole experience alone was WILD. Happy I was able to get in the room and try! Blessed! https://t.co/fWF1U0sUNb
    — The Chosen One (@KidCudi) September 7, 2015
    Looking for a new mobile game to play? Kabam this week released its free Star Wars role-playing game, Uprising, for iOS and Android devices. Check out the new trailer below.
    Heading to the first-ever TwitchCon later this month? The streaming site has now published the full schedule of events, which you can see here.
    Exciting news in the film world, as Warner Bros. has announced that Christopher Nolan's next movie--which we don't know anything about--will debut in 2017. No word on what the movie is, however.
    You might not have asked for it, but Ubisoft announced this week that it's making another Smurfs game. This one is called The Smurfs, and it's coming exclusively to 3DS in October for $30. You play as all the popular Smurfs as you track down and defeat the evil villain Gargamel.
    Ever wondered what pro football players think of Rainbow Six Siege? Wonder no more!
    Vanity Fair has an excellent feature on why Facebook paid $2 billion for the virtual reality headset Oculus Rift. There's a lot of great quotes here from Mark Zuckerberg and Palmer Luckey, and the feature also covers the wider VR (and AR) industry overall. Read it here--it's good stuff.
    Super Mario Bros. World 1-1 is one of the most iconic levels in all of gaming. Now, the man who designed it, Shigeru Miyamoto, has explained his design philosophy behind the world-famous level.
    Rihanna's fashion adviser has got to be a Pokemon fan.

The superhero Silver Surfer is coming to the mobile game Marvel Puzzle Quest, it was announced this week. He'll be available in the game starting September 10.
    Curse Inc.'s VoIP team is moving. The company announced this week that the Curse Voice operation staff are relocating from Curse's main headquarters in Alabama to a new office in Irvine, California. Get the full story here.
    EA's Origin PC store has launched a new "all-action" sale offering nice discounts on Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Titanfall, and others. See all the deals here.
    "My dog stepped on my controller and deleted my Destiny gun." That's a pretty common piece of feedback Bungie receives from people asking to have their guns reinstated, the developer said on the latest PlayStation Blogcast. Thankfully, then, Destiny's new Taken King expansion will let you recover weapons you accidentally deleted.
    Have a great weekend!

More...
Working...
X