Heroes vs Villains is much more than Star Wars Battlefront filler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heroes vs Villains is much more than Star Wars Battlefront filler

Is it really all about the big battles in Star Wars Battlefront? They feel like a great big pile-up to me. Spawn, bungle enthusiastically forwards, die. Who shot me? Oh it was someone in a turret; oh it was someone behind me; oh it was an AT-AT or an AT-ST or an X-Wing or a TIE Fighter or an Orbital Strike. Spawn again, die. Is that really that much fun?
    You might counter: "Are you sh*t?" I'm not that sh*t. I finish middle-table in the big fights, and I have my moments. I once tied two AT-ATs right at the death of a game us Rebels were badly losing, winning us the game, and that felt amazing. But generally Walker Assault and the like feel frustrating, as I suppose real battles would, but let's ignore that, because when I'm killed for the umpteenth time before I even have a chance to respond, I'm not having fun. And when I do get lucky it feels like exactly that: getting lucky. Obviously there are people playing who can't simply be consistently lucky but actually skilful, but they're doing it at my expense so they can shut up about that.
    Yet I am having a lot of fun with Battlefront - I'm just doing it elsewhere. I'm doing it in the places others call 'filler' or 'distraction', in the smaller-scale modes, particularly Heroes vs. Villains. Six people versus six, with time to breathe and time to think. There's even time to stop and smell the proverbial roses. I've played it happily, over and over again, for hours.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X