Budget Cuts is the future of VR right freakin' now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget Cuts is the future of VR right freakin' now

Is VR the future? A tired old question, perhaps, but when you browse the Vive games available on Steam at the moment, VR certainly looks an awful lot like the present. You know: the glitchy, lovably half-baked present of any infant technology, in which people are chucking everything out there to see if there are glimmers of promise lurking within the fragments, in which people don't necessarily know what they've even made until they've seen all the ways that it doesn't quite work.
    Now, Budget Cuts? Even limited to a demo, Budget Cuts looks an awful lot like the actual future - a future that is arriving fully-formed, and in some style. It's not just that Budget Cuts is one of the first Vive treats that genuinely feels like a good game in its own right - I have a fondness for Out of Ammo, too. It's that Budget Cuts feels like it's effortlessly solved a bunch of problems with VR that I wasn't expecting any game to tackle this convincingly for a good few years. It's a confident glimpse of the landscape other games may reach a couple of miles down the road, if we're lucky.
    In other words, I spent most of my half hour with Budget Cuts squealing - first with delight at the tangible array of novelties I was offered, and then in blind panic as the challenge ramped up and I started to understand the world and its confines.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X