Stop everything: Burnout Paradise is £2.50 on Steam right now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop everything: Burnout Paradise is £2.50 on Steam right now

Oh cripes, Burnout Paradise is £2.50 on Steam right now. That's not very much money at all, is it?
    Paradise isn't the best Burnout game, obvs, since the best Burnout game is Burnout 3: Takedown, in which the series' combination of flair and violence was held in perfect balance. Even so, Paradise is utterly wonderful, and it's a reminder that Burnout's most admirable trait was probably the way its developers tweaked the formula each time. It was a driving game series that was really going somewhere.
    To wit: Burnout 3 introduced Takedowns. Burnout 4 took this and turned it into all-out traffic-checking. Burnout Paradise took that - or rather the idea of screen-filling mayhem - and reinvented the series as an open-world game in which every street was a race and every junction was an event. It's a lovely idea, and Paradise City is a wonderful place, but for my money, I did less actual racing in Paradise than in any other Burnout, probably because I had to remember to navigate while I was also busy chugging through the oncoming lane to pick up boost.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X