Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Man's Sky's most aggravating omission (on PS4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Man's Sky's most aggravating omission (on PS4)

No Man's Sky is a very pretty game. Its bold use of colour, surprising sentient life, and dynamic climate system offer vistas that stick in the mind for quite some time. While its procedurally-generated environments aren't quite as stunning as those shown in early trailers, it's not far off with each planet's terrain, skyline, flora and fauna offering a mesmerising sight for sore eyes. Some may be disappointed by its lack of thriving cities and lush forests, but for my money No Man's Sky still offers the most varied take on "barren alien wasteland" the gaming space has ever seen.
    As such, No Man's Sky's eerie environments just beg to be preserved. How convenient then that both the PS4 and PC have buttons dedicated to snapping screenshots.
    This has become something of an obsession of mine since I first booted the game up. Stumbling into a variety of procedurally-generated panoramas that I know I'll never have a chance to return to has brought out my inner shutterbug. In a game of 18 quintillion "planet-sized" planets, everything you encounter is unique, so there's a strong temptation to document the universe's more aesthetically-pleasing accidents. For me, No Man's Sky is as much about roleplaying as a photojournalist as it is about the life of an astronaut.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X