Overwatch Update Replaces "GG EZ" in Chat With Embarrassing Expressions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overwatch Update Replaces "GG EZ" in Chat With Embarrassing Expressions

A new update has gone live for the Public Test Realm version of Overwatch. Along with some balance changes that I'll get to below, it makes a hilarious change for people who use the expression "gg ez."
    The dismissive saying, short for "good game, easy," has essentially been outlawed. But rather than block people from saying it, the game instead automatically replaces it with any number of sayings, many of them embarrassing. These include, "Mommy says people my age shouldn't suck their thumbs," and, "C'mon, Mom! One more game before you tuck me in! Oops mistell." Others are more tame and more respectful, like, "It was an honor to play with you all. Thank you."

This isn't actually listed in the PTR patch notes, but you can see it happening in the gif above (via Reddit). I've also tested it for myself. It's unclear if this is a PTR-only change or something that Blizzard intends to actually implement in the live game.
    As for what is described in the patch notes, Season 2 of Competitive Play is live. This brings with it a number of changes over the first season, including the addition of skill tiers and the removal of Sudden Death. All characters also now have sit and laugh emotes.
    On the balance side, there are quite a lot of character-specific changes. Genji gets what may be the most significant nerf: His double jump doesn't reset when wall climbing; his dash doesn't bypass Junkrat's trap or do damage to it or Widowmaker's mine; Swift Strike doesn't interrupt quick melees; and his Ultimate now lasts six seconds rather than eight.
    D.Va's Defense Matrix has been tweaked so that it isn't more effective when activated repeatedly. Hanzo's arrows now move 30 percent more quickly, and he himself moves slightly quicker when aiming. Mei's Ultimate now pierces barriers (letting her through it through Reinhardt's shield, for instance) and affects a larger area.
    Mercy now heals more quickly with her staff, and allies she resurrects can begin moving after 2.25 seconds (down from 3). Zenyatta's Orb of Discord provides less of a damage boost against the affected character (30 percent rather than 50), while Lucio provides 30 percent less of a speed boost with Amp It Up.
    There are other changes, too, including the removal of Watchpoint Gibraltar's first checkpoint and a variety of bug fixes. You can check out the full patch notes here. There's no word yet on when any of this will be brought over to the full game, or when the update will arrive on consoles.
    You can try out the changes for yourself now if you own the PC version of Overwatch. If you haven't already done so, just download the PTR version of Overwatch by selecting it from the Region/Account drop down menu above the Play button in the Battle.net launcher.

More...
Working...
X