Fallout 4's Nuka-World sticks too rigidly to the tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout 4's Nuka-World sticks too rigidly to the tracks

"Too many folk these days count on violence to solve their problems. You only have to look around to see where that got us," declares my android companion, Nick Valentine, as I turn another raider's face into crimson mush. He's right, of course. Still, there's nothing to be done - nobody's feeling chatty and I don't want to become a red smear on a post-apocalyptic dodgem.
    Nuka-World is Fallout 4's final story DLC. Taking you to a dilapidated theme park filled with fizzy drink mascots, rusty rides and bloodthirsty raiders, this expansion lets you embrace your dark side, becoming a raider overboss and sending your crews out to pillage, maim and murder, even if that involves trampling your own settlements. Seeya, Marcy Long.
    In this way at least, it's been a long time coming. One of the recurring complaints about Fallout 4 is how it forces you to be the hero - though possibly one who is a bit of a dick. Sure, you can side with whatever faction you empathise with - as a dad, this decision came easy - but each believes they are doing the right thing, and for the good of the Commonwealth. Nuka-World goes in the complete opposite direction; if you're role-playing as someone noble, your only real option is to walk away.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X