2016 was all about the little details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 was all about the little details

2015 for me was dominated by a single game - The Witcher 3. Nothing came remotely close to CD Projekt's dark fantasy masterpiece. It was everything I hoped it would be and so much more. This year, it's been far harder for me to pick a favourite. I agonised over my best games list for a silly amount of time, and even now I'm not entirely happy with it.
    Part of the problem is, when I look back upon 2016, I don't really think about specific games at all. Instead, my mind conjures little moments and individual scenes from about half a dozen titles. I think about the mesmerising gears of Dishonored 2's clockwork mansion. I think about wandering the detritus-strewn streets of Mankind Divided's Golem City. I think about the little puff of confetti that accompanies the opening of any ride on Planet Coaster. I think about how I killed a man in Hitman by moving some pencils around on his desk. I think about Trico's feathers.
    2016 for me, was all about the little details. And I don't think this is accidental. This year has seen a marked shift in the priorities of developers.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X