Woody Harrelson on Joining Star Wars -- "It's Mind-Blowing"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woody Harrelson on Joining Star Wars -- "It's Mind-Blowing"

News broke this week that Hunger Games star Woody Harrelson is joining the 2018 Han Solo Star Wars movie. Now, the veteran actor has commented further on joining the sci-fi spinoff.
    Speaking to Collider, Harrelson said it's "mind-blowing" that he is in the movie.
    "I never would've imagined that I'd get this opportunity so I'm really pumped about it. I really like those directors [Phil Lord and Chris Miller], I think they're really great," he said. "You know let's face it, almost any movie if the director's great then the movie has a shot, but if they're not obviously you've got very little chance of a good movie. I just feel great to be a part of that. What a cool thing."
    It was rumored that Harrelson would play a mentor character to Han Solo in the untitled movie, but Disney did not confirm this when announcing his participation in the movie. Harrelson himself now confirmed that he is indeed playing a mentor character, but he didn't share further details.
    "I don't think the Force is allowing me to talk about this. They want me to keep pretty mum so I better not say too much about it. They're pretty top secret about the script and the story… It'll be cool to be mentoring Han Solo, that will be cool," he said.
    Batman star Christian Bale was also reportedly considered for the role.
    Alden Ehrenreich plays Han Solo in the movie, alongside Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian. Game of Thrones star Emilia Clarke has an unspecified role in the movie.
    The film takes place during the "early scoundrel days" of Solo and Calrissian, before 1977's A New Hope. It is due out in 2018.
    The newest Star Wars movie is Rogue One, which came out in December 2016. The next entry in the series is this December's Star Wars: Episode VIII.

More...
Working...
X