Watch Johnny learn how to stay alive in Nioh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Johnny learn how to stay alive in Nioh

When Nioh resurfaced at last year's Tokyo Games Show, I have to admit I was a bit disappointed - mainly because the trailer's opening seconds made me think there was a new Onimusha on the way. Having had time to adjust, I played a new demo section of Team Ninja's upcoming action game last week, and I'm pleased to report that Nioh is looking very robust indeed.
    The demo section, a level cheerfully titled Defiled Undead Mountain, is a tricky beast stuffed with foot soldiers and Yokai; intimidating creatures pulled straight from the annals of Japanese folklore. And while I enjoyed having a new section of the game to sink my teeth into, I also found it a surprisingly instructive experience - which is a polite way of saying I died a lot before I got the hang of things.
    With these lessons fresh in mind, I've knocked together a couple of useful tips to help you get started with the game when it launches next month; you can also get a good look at the Defiled Holy Mountain along the way.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X