Tekken 7's PlayStation VR mode is a low-effort bolt-on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tekken 7's PlayStation VR mode is a low-effort bolt-on

If you were hoping for something cool, interesting or even fun from Tekken 7's PlayStation VR mode, I'm sorry to report that it's none of those things. What it is is low effort - and it made me feel a bit sick.
    The PlayStation 4 version of the fighting game includes a VR mode on its main menu. Select this for two options: VR Battle and VR Viewer. Both must be played with the headset and DualShock 4 controller only.
    VR Battle is a bare-bones version of the game's training mode that presents the action from the same perspective as the main game (there's no first-person mode here). Of course, you're able to look around the arena by moving your head, you can shift the camera up, down, left and right to change your viewing angle, and you can zoom in and out. It's a bit like seeing the action from the eyes of an in-arena referee, except you also control one of the fighters. I can't be sure, but I think it's this disconnect caused by effectively controlling the camera as well as a fighter at the same time that made me feel like throwing up.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X