Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new gaming heroes are a pharmacist, a classical pianist, and a guy who really love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new gaming heroes are a pharmacist, a classical pianist, and a guy who really love

Hackney Wick is the best station for the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, and so I emerged from the carriage last Sunday amongst what seemed like a disproportionate number of people wearing running shoes and tracksuits and fiddling with Fitbits. Once I had left the station, though, and made the first few turns towards the Copper Box, a sporting arena that has hosted everything from Wheelchair Rugby to the Netball Superleague, I was walking amongst a different crowd.
    Rucksacks jangled with electronics and crackled with packets of biscuits. Hands were thrust deep into the pockets of parkas. No talk of PBs; people were chatting about favourite cards, joking about busting apart potential queues with a well-placed Tornado, or Hog-riding over the turnstiles. There were a few groups, a few couples, but nobody really knew each other. We all got the jokes, though. We had all spent the last few years ensuring that we would get the jokes.
    Clash Royale is a tower defence game in which two players battle to knock through each other's castles by playing cards that spawn troops, spells and buildings on the grass of a tidy little arena. At the World Finals, which were held at the Copper Box last Sunday, 16 of the planet's best competed for a prize pool of $400,000, with $150,000 going to the winner.
    Read more…

More...
Working...
X