100 Minutes Of Co-op Action In A Way Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Minutes Of Co-op Action In A Way Out

A Way Out was made by the director behind Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, and the similarities are definitely clear. But A Way Out aims to be a much darker and more violent cooperative game, one that tells a prison-escape story that draws inspiration from Shawshank Redemption and other crime dramas.
    In the video above, you can watch the GameSpot team take on the first several scenarios in A Way Out. The video gives a good sense of the game's tone, showcasing what you can expect, the action that you'll face, and how players cooperate with one another to accomplish tasks.
    A Way Out launches tomorrow on PS4, Xbox One, and PC and costs $30. Director Josef Fares recently revealed some new details about the game, including that it'll take about 6-8 hours to complete.
    In GameSpot's A Way Out review, critic Oscar Dayus gave the game a 6/10, praising much of its cooperative action but saying that its tone varies wildly. "By the time the credits rolled, my partner and I didn't really feel like we'd been on much of a journey with [main characters] Leo and Vincent," he wrote. "We'd been on a geographical tour, sure--one that was often trite, gimmicky, or cringeworthy--but we didn't feel the pair had learned anything or grown in any meaningful way. I did, however, enjoy the journey I'd been on with my friend sat next to me." You can also check out our review roundup for A Way Out to read what other critics are saying.

More...
Working...
X