No announcement yet.

Where You Buy Your Computer Cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It looks like Conan the Barbarian and T-1000 from the Terminator series may be coming to Mortal Kombat 1.
    According to dataminer Interloko, six more characters will be coming to NetherRealm's fighter, likely as part of the next DLC pack, as well as two arenas and five new announcers.
    Leaked Mortal Kombat 1 characters from Interloko's datamining efforts are:
    Read more

More...

Comment

• Ubisoft platforming mascot Rayman was once featured in the files of Beyond Good & Evil, as shown in the game's just-released 20th Anniversary Edition.

Launched yesterday - after previously being made mistakenly available last year - BG&E's Anniversary Edition includes an extensive behind the scenes archive of artwork, early gameplay videos and making-of footage. After spending a couple of hours trawling through it last night, I can confirm it's a real treat for any BG&E fan.

Below, I've pulled out some of the things that stood out to me - someone who loved the game and has been waiting almost 20 years for news of its follow-up. And if that sounds like you, well, there's plenty more, including lots of footage of cut levels, to enjoy via the actual game.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Playground Games is delisting Forza Horizon 4 from online stores at the end of the year, due to "licensing and agreements" with the game's partners.
        On 15th December, Forza Horizon 4 will be removed from digital storefronts on PC and Xbox. This includes Xbox Game Pass.
        The upcoming delisting means the new Series and Festival Playlist that started earlier this week, and which runs until 22nd August, will be the last. After this time, players will no longer be able to access the playlist screen, other than to see the festival playlist history.
        Read more

More...

Comment

• FromSoftware is well known for adding seemingly useless items or places in its games to get fans speculating about lore and Elden Ring DLC Shadow of the Erdtree is no different.

But there's one particular location that has fans stumped: the Scadutree Chalice.

This is a named location found after beating a specific boss, but it appears to serve no purpose. What could it be? Spoilers follow.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Even if the series wasn't stuck in development hell I would still say this: if any game is its own sequel, it's Beyond Good & Evil. With the news last week that we're getting a remaster with a bit of extra stuff in it, I went back to the original - almost the original, the Xbox 360 port that still runs on my Series X - to play the game once more and remind myself of why I love it so much. It was an odd experience - the game had changed a bit, in that I was drawn to different things in it, and I feel like I played through it in a slightly different way. But every time I've replayed Beyond Good & Evil it's been a different game, I think. Let's explore that.
            My early memories of Beyond Good & Evil are all about waiting. Ubisoft's sci-fi action adventure was originally only on PS2, and over in GameCube land a port was promised, but the timing was always hazy. I remember reading about this weird game in Edge, though, in a preview which had rather dark, under-exposed screenshots. Here was a game in which you weren't a soldier but rather a journalist. Your planet, Hyllis, was under attack all but secretly, and you were effectively fighting an information war to expose the truth. How different, I thought. How French! And the game's sci-fi world was European too, by turns classical, with all those canals on Hyllis, all that honeyed stone in the buildings, and silly, like a French comic strip filled with talking animals: pig mechanics, space whales. Moebius meets The Fifth Element.
            So the first time I actually played it, I think it was just relief. Here was this game I had been after for ages, and what it seemed like, more than anything, was a Zelda game. The health system was similar, with the player collecting heart containers to give them more life. The combat gave you a melee attack and, eventually, a sort of ranged option. And you moved across an intricate, soulful overworld before diving into what amounted to dungeons. That first playthrough I think I was just marvelling at how the rules and rituals of Zelda had been carried across, re-examined, how the experience had been shifted from fantasy to science fiction, and how the narrative had shifted to a different kind of quest.
            Read more

More...

Comment

• Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration - the acclaimed Atari-themed interactive museum from developer Digital Eclipse - is adding 39 new games later this year in an expansion detailing further events in the company's eventful history.

Atari 50's Expanded Edition introduces two new timelines to the existing game, starting with The Wider World of Atari. This features 19 playable games, eight new video segments, plus "interviews, vintage ads, historical artefacts, and more" focusing on a broad range topics.

"Highlights from the new timeline," explains Atari, "include a deep dive into Stern Electronics' robot-blasting Berzerk; unusual and underappreciated innovations and hidden gems from the late 1980s; a spotlight on the artist Evelyn Seto, who helped create the iconic 'Fuji' Atari logo; Pong creator Al Alcorn explaining the birth of Breakout; and an exploration of the fan base's role in discovering unreleased prototypes, creating 'homebrew' games, and preserving Atari history."

Read more

More...

Comment

• Asus recently announced the ROG Ally X - a refresh of last year's Ally. It's been criticised for not offering any kind of performance upgrade, but based on my experiences testing a range of PC Windows handhelds, I think it's a solid upgrade in many ways. The move from 16GB to 24GB of memory addresses issues afflicting a small but growing number of new games, while doubling the size of the battery goes a long way in sorting out the number one problem impacting every Windows handheld: the awful battery life.
                It's true though, the Asus ROG Ally X is using the same Z1 Extreme processor as the non-X model. The octo-core Zen 4 CPU set-up paired with a 12 CU RDNA 3 GPU remains as is, running at the same clock speeds. There is a small performance improvement though, thanks to the fact that the Ally X doesn't just increase memory capacity, but bandwidth as well. The 16GB of 6400MT/s LPDDR5 is replaced with 24GB of 7500MT/s LPDDRX. These processors thrive on bandwidth, as we saw with Steam Deck OLED, where I saw anything from a two percent to nine percent performance increase in games from that faster RAM - without going into specifics in the preview phase, you should expect much the same in the transition from Ally to Ally X.
                There are also scenarios where having more memory offers up a gigantic improvement in gaming performance - I refer you to Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, which is a stuttering mess on the original Asus ROG Ally, but is nigh-on stutter free on the Ally X. This is because the game requires a decent amount of both system memory and video RAM and while this can be configured in the Asus Armory Crate software, no option offers up an acceptable gameplay experience. The Ally X just runs perfectly fine as is on its default setting, which splits the 24GB of RAM into 16GB of system memory and 8GB of VRAM.
                Read more

More...

Comment

• Ubisoft has laid off 33 members of its Ubisoft Toronto staff.
                  In a statement to press, Ubisoft said the layoffs were part of a "targeted realignment" necessary to ensure it can "deliver on its ambitious roadmap.
                  "Ubisoft Toronto has decided to conduct a targeted realignment to ensure it can deliver on its ambitious roadmap," a company representative said in a statement to PC Gamer.
                  Read more

More...

Comment

• Saber Interactive has cancelled the public beta test for Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 in order to "prepare for the full launch".
                    Citing that running a beta now "would take the development teams away from preparing for the full launch", the team acknowledged "this is disappointing news for some of you", and offered the limited Bolt Pistol skin as compensation to those who'd signed up to participate.
                    "Space Marine 2 is almost ready," the team said via an update posted to Steam. "We are now entirely focused on optimisation, polish and fixing remaining issues ahead of launch on 9th September. This means we will not run a public online beta, as it would take the development teams away from preparing for the full launch, and our priority is to ensure the best possible experience at release.
                    Read more

More...

Comment

• Listen up, Tarnished - Elden Ring worldbuilding writer George R. R. Martin has given his strongest hint yet that the critically acclaimed game may be getting its own "feature film or TV" spin-off.
                      Whilst Hidetaka Miyazaki has only teased that he and FromSoftware would be open to a live-action adaptation, Martin goes just that little bit further courtesy of his the-lady-doth-protest-too-much-me-thinks protestations he recently shared on his personal blog.
                      "Oh, and about those rumours you may have heard about a feature film or television series based on Elden Ring…" Martin wrote.
                      Read more

More...

Comment

• When will Beyond Good & Evil 2 be released? More than two decades on from the launch of Ubisoft's original game, we still don't know - but Beyond Good & Evil's 20th Anniversary Edition now demands that its succesor does arrive, and sooner rather than later.

As well as technical upgrades and a deep, fascinating behind-the-scenes developer archive, Ubisoft's new version of Beyond Good & Evil includes fresh story and new cutscenes which directly tie into the publisher's long-held plans for the game's successor.

Characters from Beyond Good & Evil 2 (which is set to be a prequel) appear in video diaries showing them interacting with Jade as a young girl. There's also a brand-new cutscene featuring a specific character - and a big reveal regarding their relationship to Jade.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Microsoft has announced the next selection of titles headed to Xbox Game Pass over the coming weeks. Included in the lineup are sci-fi adventure Journey to the Savage Planet, Neon White, and Tchia.

Originally launched as a Stadia exclusive, Journey to the Savage Planet was the debut game from Typhoon Studios - a company set up by Assassin's Creed 3 creative director Alex Hutchinson. It later arrived for other platforms, thankfully, as it's a fun sci-fi romp with a good dose of humour.

Here's everything set to on Xbox Game Pass at the start of July:

Read more

More...

Comment

• A fun-looking farming sim known as Tiny Garden has cropped up on Kickstarter.
                            Tiny Garden is described as a "tiny farming and easy-going strategy game inside a tiny toy from the 90s". While developer Ao Norte doesn't specify further, it is immediately apparent Tiny Garden's quaint toy-aesthetic has been inspired by Polly Pocket, with its clam shell opening, dolls house-like levels and - of course - its tiny garden.
                            Other video game inspirations, meanwhile, include the likes of Unpacking and Summerhouse.
                            Read more

More...

Comment

• Epic Games has referred Apple to the European Commission for rejecting its notarisation submission, alleging Apple's refusal is "arbitrary, obstructive, and in violation of the Digital Markets Act (DMA)".
                              In a statement posted to X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter, Epic said Apple had taken issue with its call-to-action buttons, claiming both its "Get" and "In-app purchases" buttons are too similar in design to Apple's own buttons.
                              Epic says it is using the words "install" and "in-app purchases" as this follows naming conventions that app users are already familiar with.
                              Read more

More...

Comment

• The success of Cyberpunk 2077's Phantom Liberty DLC was only possible due to the base game's "negative reception".
                                That's according to senior quest designer Paweł Sasko, who acknowledged that if the original game's 2020 release hadn't been "as negative as it was", "it couldn't have been possible" for expansion Phantom Liberty to have "worked significantly better at launch".
                                "Phantom Liberty worked significantly better at its launch because we completely changed the production style, something that couldn’t have been possible if the initial reception of the game wasn’t as negative as it was," Sasko told TheGamer at Gamescom Latam.
                                Read more

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X