No announcement yet.

Where You Buy Your Computer Cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 years after it first arrived on Steam, and 16 years after it debuted on Xbox Live Arcade, Castle Crashers is getting new DLC.
    Premium DLC Painter Boss Paradise not only includes new player and weapon artwork for all official characters and new character Paint Junior, but it also adds Steam workshop functionality, so players can create and share their own skins "with the world".
    Although Castle Crashers debuted on Xbox and is still available on Sony consoles and Nintendo Switch, the DLC is only coming to Steam.
    Read more

More...

Comment

• NetherRealm has announced Mortal Kombat 1 DLC Khaos Reigns, which will expand the game's story campaign with an all-new cinematic narrative.
      "When a perilous threat arrives from an alternate timeline, led by the ruthless Titan Havik whose sole mission is to throw the realms into khaos, Liu Kang must rally his champions and put faith in his enemies to defeat this grave danger," reads the official blurb. "If they fail, the New Era will be reduced to anarchy."
      In addition, the Mortal Kombat 1 team has revealed its next Kombat Pack, which will provide players with more fighters to add to their roster. Upcoming fighters include returning kombatants Noob Saibot, voiced by Kaiji Tang; Cyrax, voiced by Enuka Okuma; and Sektor, voiced by Erika Ishii. These three all have "unique backstories as part of the reimagined Mortal Kombat 1 Universe". For example, Sektor and Cyrax are both women in this universe.
      Read more

More...

Comment

• The main Assassin's Creed reddit, subscribed to by more than 717,000 users, has taken a firm stance on the continuing backlash to Black samurai Yasuke protagonist in Assassin's Creed Shadows.

A post from the popular reddit's moderation team has drawn a line under the ongoing "'debate'" over whether the real-life figure of Yasuke was a samurai or not, and to what extent his depiction in Assassin's Creed Shadows will be historically accurate.

It's a matter Ubisoft appeared to wade into last week via a vaguely-worded statement that raised eyebrows after it apologised for "some elements" in the game's promotional materials it said had "caused concern" among some Japanese fans. Now, in a lengthy statement, the moderation team says Ubisoft's statement had "exacerbated" the matter further.

Read more

More...

Comment

• US workers body SAG-AFTRA says its voice actors strike could still impact projects that have been in development for over a year, including games like GTA 6, despite the terms of its agreement stating they should be safe.
          Initially, last week's shock announcement of strike action by video game actors over AI concerns was thought to have minimal impact on games expected to release later this year, as it did not include games that commenced production before August 2023.
          Now, however, SAG-AFTRA says all "members who want to show solidarity with the union can elect voluntarily not to work", intimating that it believed the strike could be more disruptive than previously suspected and impact "non-struck" games.
          Read more

More...

Comment

• A year after its 22-hour-long documentary series first debuted, Double Fine has released an update to PsychOdyssey.
            Running over 90 minutes long, the episode – subtitled "We Wrote it all Down" – is the "direct continuation of the acclaimed series Double Fine Adventure, and offers even deeper insight into the passion, humour, and heartbreak of video game development".
            The episode also chronicles the studio "reflecting on the launch of Psychonauts 2 and the PsychOdyssey documentary series while looking to the future and a return to smaller projects".
            Read more

More...

Comment

• It looks like Unknown Worlds is posting sneaky screenshots of Subnautica 2 in the original game.
              Whilst Unknown Worlds is being, ahem, coi, eagle-eyed fans think they've discovered sneaky peeks of Subnautica 2 in the first (and currently only) game via its time capsule feature.
              Originally it wasn't clear where these mysterious images were coming from, but moderators of the Subnautica subreddit have since confirmed "screenshot[s are] from the upcoming Subnautica 2" and not fan-made mods.
              Read more

More...

Comment

• Gearbox founder Randy Pitchford says news about the next game in the Borderlands series will come "sooner rather than later".
                Gearbox – which is now a subsidiary of Take-Two after being sold by Embracer last year – hasn't yet confirmed another Borderlands game is on the way, but Pitchford says he hasn't "done a good enough job of hiding the fact that we're working on something [...] and [he] thinks people that love Borderlands are going to be very excited".
                "Oh man, I don't think I've done a good enough job of hiding the fact that we're working on something," Pitchford told TheGamer. "And I think people that love Borderlands are going to be very excited about what we're working on.
                Read more

More...

Comment

• An uncut eight-minute video of Astro Bot has popped up online.
                  The footage – recorded at ChinaJoy2024 – shows off the game's combat and platforming premise, as well as a delightful boss battle with an octopus in scuba gear (nope, I don't understand, either) and boxing gloves.
                  You can see the action for yourself in the video below:
                  Read more

More...

Comment

• Remember the Kinect? Back when it was known as 'Project Natal' I had some pretty lofty hopes for the tech. To be fair, those hopes were probably made a little more lofty by some tech demos that were, well, let's just say... slightly economical with the truth.
                    When Kinect came out it was a big bag of broken, but, there were some games on there that came close to greatness. I had a whale of a time with Fruit Ninja Kinect and would often whip it out (ooer) at house parties, while Ubisoft's Child of Eden was a certified banger.
                    And that leads me on to Thrasher, the spiritual successor to Thumper, which has just released on Meta Quest and Apple Vision Pro. As you'll see in this week's episode of VR Corner, Thrasher eschews Thumper's industrially soundtracked uphill toboggan ride of doom and instead opts for a gameplay loop that is one part Fruit Ninja and one part Child of Eden. With a bit of Jeff Minter-y psychedelia thrown in for good measure too.
                    Read more

More...

Comment

• Just up the road from Newport, in the countryside off the M40, a troupe of actors and backstage boffins are gearing up for a fresh season of strangeness.

Key of Dreams is billed as a unique blend of interactive theatre, puzzle solving and branching narrative spread over 24 hours in Treowen, a historic 17th century Welsh manor house you've likely seen on Doctor Who. Within its walls, Key of Dreams mixes the location's real-world history with weird fiction tales inspired by the likes of MR James and HP Lovecraft, in an experience that allows guests to decide the fates of its various characters and guide how its intertwining storylines evolve.

Unlike other interactive theatre performances, such as those from the acclaimed Punchdrunk, Key of Dreams is designed to be a more influenceable experience, with less of an emphasis on following tightly scripted narrative in favour of something more open world. Launched last year to positive reviews and an endorsement from Neil Patrick Harris, a handful of guests have already made repeat trips, taking advantage of the fact Key of Dreams' storylines are swapped in and out to keep its mysteries fresh, with an array of endings so no two visits are quite the same.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Aside from a blue paint job and some migraine inducing Na'vi Senses, last year's movie tie-in, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora was a Far Cry game in all but name. It's a typical Ubisoft move to repurpose portions of an existing product that has already proven popular with their audience, but in the case of Avatar, the final result failed to set the metaphorical Home Tree on fire (sorry, too soon?).
                        I think part of why Avatar's players burnt out so quickly (sorry again), was that it was basically just Far Cry but made worse with the addition of a bunch of Avatar gubbins. In the case of Star Wars Outlaws however, Ubisoft hasn't just picked one singular game to rework. Here, its plucked all the best bits from across its biggest franchises and created this melting pot of familiar gameplay elements. These elements are instantly recognisable when you see them one-by-one, sure, but they all come together as a whole to create a proper Star Wars-y feeling adventure.
                        When our dashing Deputy Editor, Chris Tapsell went hands-on with Star Wars Outlaws in June, he came away underwhelmed by the dated gameplay he'd experienced during the trio of linear missions he'd been given to play. As if countering that preview with a big, 'well check this out then', Ubisoft invited me along to a four-hour preview session that featured a big chunk of open-world action instead, where player were let off the leash to explore as they saw fit.
                        Read more

More...

Comment

• I am a big Hobbit and Lord of the Rings fan. That whole world that Tolkien created fills me with an immense amount of wonder and awe. While I don't fancy coming face to face with an orc anytime soon, I would relish the opportunity to explore Middle-earth with my backpack full of lembas bread and a pint from the Prancing Pony in hand.
                          That is why when I was scrolling through X the other day, I stopped and did a brief double take. In a welcome change to some of the rubbish on social media these days, my algorithm had presented me with a beautiful, photorealistic re-imagining of Lord Of The Rings' The Argonath scene, made in Unreal Engine 5.
                          For a tranquil minute and a half, I was transported from my desk to a small boat on the River Anduin, as the two monumental statues made famous in Fellowship of the Ring watched over me. After playing the video again, I quickly got in touch with the footage's creator Micah Malinics to find out more about his project, and - importantly - if I would ever get the chance to play through this fan-made recreation myself.
                          Read more

More...

Comment

• There's now an easier way to buy and play Jackbox mini-games, via the brand's new Megapicker launcher, available on Steam.

To celebrate, Jackbox is currently offering discounts on its range of mini-games and - for the next 30 days - the fan-favourite Drawful 2 to keep for free.

The Megapicker, first announced last month, is designed to act as a central hub for Jackbox mini-games, eliminating the need to rifle through each of its party packs for the game you're after. (This is handy, as I frequently forget which pack some mini-games were released within!)

Read more

More...

Comment

• Bō: Path of the Teal Lotus - the gorgeous 2.5D platformer with Metroidvania elements based on Japanese folklore - released earlier this month across PC and consoles. However, due to its partnership with Humble Games, developer Squid Shock says it has faced a number of unexpected stumbling blocks since release, notably with its console ports.
                              In a recent post shared on Steam, Squid Shock acknowledged the "unexpected changes" within Humble Games, after layoffs were confirmed at the indie publisher, and said it was still unsure what was happening next.
                              "This news caught us off guard, and we are still working to understand the full implications," the Bō: Path of the Teal Lotus team wrote on 25th July.
                              Read more

More...

Comment

• The International Olympics Committee walked away from its partnership with Nintendo and Sega for the long-running Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games series in order to explore deals with new partners, NFTs and esports, Eurogamer understands.

As the real-life Olympics gets underway in Paris, there's been discussion online of there being no new Mario & Sonic tie-in for this summer's Games, for the first time in almost two decades.

Speaking with Eurogamer, a veteran behind the series has now said the decision to end the popular Mario & Sonic franchise rested with the IOC, which chose not to renew its licensing deal with Nintendo and Sega, and allowed it to lapse in 2020.

Read more

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X