No announcement yet.

Where You Buy Your Computer Cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly one year (and four days) after Baldur's Gate 3's version 1.0 release, developer Larian is celebrating the highly acclaimed RPG's first anniversary by releasing a whole bunch of revealing players stats. Which, among other things, confirm that 30 percent of the 30 percent of players who opted to sex Halsin sexed Halsin in bear form.

Larian's newly unveiled birthday stats get pretty granular, and I'll be glossing over the spoiler-y ones here (as well as the ones that mean absolutely nothing to me because I'm still prancing round the crash site right at the start desperately wishing I had more time to play). Instead, let us discuss the more universal revelations, such as the news 75m companion kisses have been shared in Baldur's Gate 3 over the last year, with 27m of those landing on the lips of Shadowheart, while 15m were planted on Astarion's puckered mouth-hole. And right at the bottom of the smoochy charts? Poor old Minthara with just 169,937 kisses. Which, let's be honest, is probably still way above average for most people.

And while we're on the subject of romance, it should be noted that around 197K players opted to bang Halsin in his now legendary bear form (out of the 658K players total that danced down O-street with the hunky Wood Elf Druid), while approximately 407K people were up for mind flayer tentacle sex when the opportunity arose. Absolutely no kink-shaming here.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Earlier this week, Nintendo released a fresh trailer for The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom, that's due out next month.

The game stars the titular princess in the leading role for the first time and includes a new Echo mechanic, where Zelda can essentially copy and paste elements from the world to explore and solve puzzles.

The new trailer focused on giving a tour of Hyrule, showing off its various regions, and the new power Bind that allows Zelda to attach herself to (and move with) objects and enemies.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Popular deck-building roguelike Balatro has now passed 2m sales and a major update is due next year.

The game was released across PC, Switch, PS5 and Xbox back in February and has proven particularly successful over the past six months.

Publisher Playstack and solo developer LocalThunk has a series of three announcements it's sharing across August and September, what it's calling a "Three-of-a-Kind of Surprises" campaign.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Kung-fu roguelite Sifu and comedy shooter High on Life lead the Humble Choice games this August.

Also available is Gotham Knights, the DC universe action-RPG from Batman: Arkham Origins developer WB Games Montréal.

The full list of available Humble Choice games for August are as follows:

Read more

More...

Comment

• AMD's Ryzen 9000 CPUs have arrived, marking the debut of the more powerful and efficient Zen 5 architecture and a quartet of Dragon Ball Z meme-adjacent processor numbers: 9600X, 9700X, 9900X and 9950X. Today we're looking at the first two processors, the six-core 9600X at £269/$279 and eight-core 9700X at £339/$359. These mainstream offerings are due to go on sale on August 8th, with the 12-core and 16-core Ryzen 9 models scheduled to arrive one week later.
            With faster-in-games X3D variants rumoured for later this year and heavily discounted Ryzen 7000 parts already on the market, are the new Ryzen 9000 models worth picking up in the meantime? And how do these processors compare to the high-flying Ryzen 7 7800X3D, which we've been recommending as the best high-end gaming CPU?
            To find out, we've tested these processors and some of their closest AMD and Intel rivals in a gauntlet of demanding games from 1080p to 4K, plus taken a look at synthetic and content creation benchmarks to get an idea of whether these new Ryzen 9000 processors offer a noticeable improvement over their predecessors.
            Read more

More...

Comment

• Often, the first question for any Warhammer 40K game is simply, "Is it Warhammer 40K enough?" This is one of those franchises where the brand itself becomes the thing some fans want to play: it must be grim, it must be dark, it must have sufficient gore, and must have both recognisable nods and oblique references that adhere strictly to our "Core Brand Values". Also, I suppose, there should be a video game in there somewhere.
              Worry not though, any fan-Inquisitors in the audience: in the slice of Space Marine 2 I played, I ran more or less the entire gamut of 40K-isms within the first couple minutes - and admittedly, I think that's brilliant. Your squad of Space Marines bicker about treachery and point fingers over presumed betrayals of the Empire, before unloading from their transport into a vast, embattled gothic citadel. Groups of Imperial Guardsmen quiver, assemble, and occasionally get shot by a Commissar for displaying cowardice, beneath the flapping baby-wings of servitor cherubs. The voices of a deep, manly choir soar. You grab a weapon and a sidearm and choice of knife, power sword or chainsword - you know full well what you're picking here - then you clunk through more gothic corridors, a gate slides shut behind you and, in the most 40K moment of all, find yourself immediately overwhelmed by a swarm of Tyrannids without so much as a "press B to crouch" in preparation.
              Thankfully, another point of 40K accuracy saves the day here: you are wonderfully overpowered in Space Marine 2, at least in this mid-game story mission (and on the standard difficulty at which I played). You can flick between a bit of frantic button-mashing and more considered parry-and-combo business as the mood strikes and get by just fine. This is good. You are the Emperor's will made flesh. Using your bare fists to pull apart Tyrannid skulls by the dozen is exactly where you ought to be.
              Read more

More...

Comment

• I'm not ashamed to say this: one of the easiest ways to make me excited about a game is still to chuck the word "super" into the title. This is Nintendo's fault, inevitably. Super Mario Bros, sure. But then when the Super Famicom came around, they threw Super into almost every game that came out. It remains the easiest upgrade pitch of all time, and the most intoxicating. Why do I need to buy these games again? Because now they're super.
                Anyway. Super Dungeon Muncher had me at "Super". But it also had me at "Dungeon Muncher". A dungeon crawler where you have to move fast to keep ahead of the fact that a monster is eating the actual dungeon? Yes please. What an easy sell. Or rather, what a magnificent pitch.
                The game is currently fun and moreish rather than truly magnificent in the playing of it, admittedly, but we'll get to that. First up: the monster. This guy is wonderful. An angry red horror waiting at the top of the screen, he has exactly the kind of huge furious eyes and sharp teeth you'd expect. But it's his arms that get me. So long and rubbery and tube-like. He reaches forward with surprising delicacy to grab the dungeon and drag more of it into his mouth.
                Read more

More...

Comment

• Equity, the UK actors' union, has introduced new minimum rates in a bid to address "systemic low pay" for performers and improve working conditions in the industry.

Pay for actors in the UK has not only stagnated beneath inflation rates, but has been significantly lower than in America and Canada despite working with the same game developers.

The new rates are solely intended for AAA game development, rather than indie developers. Further, they are minimum fees as a starting point for negotiation.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Free-to-play tactical extraction shooter Arena Breakout: Infinite will launch into early access next week on 13th August.

Early access will be available on PC exclusively via the game's official website, following a closed beta test earlier this year.

During early access, developer MoreFun Studios will focus on optimisation, introduce new features, and adjust gameplay and monetisation systems, and aims to quickly iterate on player feedback.

Read more

More...

Comment

• A hotfix for Fallout: London to address crashing issues is still on the way, with developer Team Folon planning a "huge" patch soon after.

The game-size fan-made mod for Fallout 4 set in the English capital released at the end of July, but players have experienced a high number of crashes and issues, including Eurogamer's Ian Higton when he streamed his playthrough.

Soon after, Team Folon promised a fix was on the way and, in a new statement on its Discord, has reiterated its plans for the future.

Read more

More...

Comment

• A profile for Final Fantasy 16 has been spotted in the latest Nvidia driver, leading to speculation a PC release could be imminent.

Nvidia has just released its latest driver, 560.81, and users on reddit have pointed out it includes game ready driver profiles for both Final Fantasy 16 and Once Human (thanks PC Gamer), though they're not in the official release notes. There's mention of a Final Fantasy 16 demo too.

Square Enix has already revealed a port of the PS5 exclusive Final Fantasy 16 is on the way, but no release window has been revealed.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Sega's acquisition of Angry Birds maker Rovio has helped boost the company's video game profits by 181.5 percent year-on-year.

According to its latest financial report, Sega's net sales for video games increased by 34 percent, leading to a huge rise in profits.

It attributes this increase in part to the inclusion of Rovio, along with the release of Shin Megami Tensei V Vengeance in the most recent quarter.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Sony has now sold over 61m PlayStation 5 consoles, but hardware unit sales have fallen by 32 percent year-on-year.

The company has released its latest financial report today, revealing 2.4m PS5 consoles were sold in the most recent quarter. That compares to 3.3m compared to the same quarter in 2023 (and 4.5m in the previous quarter).

However, Sony has seen an overall 12 percent increase in game revenue year-on-year, resulting in a 33 percent increase in profit.

Read more

More...

Comment

• I was born in the UK, and I've lived all my life here, but I've never quite been able to reconcile myself with the weather.
                              Most of the year passes in a grey, eternally chilly manner, often paying host to a weak drizzle of rain. The sun is simply known as a stranger in a strange land that visits during summer, but there are no guarantees of that either. I wake up, day after day, to an ashen tone outside the window, and I try to keep myself warm by bundling up under a duvet that I tug up to my chin. Even when it's warm inside, it's still miserable to look out at the grey world through that window, and it gets particularly grim in Autumn, when darkness arrives as early as five o'clock in the afternoon, and soggy leaves and mud cover pavements.
                              When we do get real heat and sunshine, however, the feeling is almost indescribable. Life is suddenly more exciting, the outside world is something to be savoured instead of avoided. I feel as if my body is somehow deriving power, Superman-like, from the Sun. After one particularly unpleasant visit to the dentist last summer I remember walking home and basking in the sunlight and the heat that blanketed my skin. It felt genuinely therapeutic. Unlike Autumn - or any other season for that matter - I could walk down a street in the evening and it still be light and warm. Weather can be misleading here, mind. I distinctly remember an unusual sunny day where I was so enthused to head outside due to the weather that I started playing the cheerful 'Here Comes the Sun' by The Beatles while I prepared to leave the house. Just as I was ready, the rain started. There Goes the Sun.
                              Read more

More...

Comment

• Following yesterday's "enhanced" Doom 1 & 2 release, developer id Software has unveiled another treat for Doom fans as this weekend's QuakeCon celebrations continue: official mod support for Doom Eternal on PC, which arrives in the form of a new mod browser and the release of its idStudio mod creation tools on Steam.

By installing Doom Eternal's new Update 6.66 Rev 3 beta, players can browse, download, and play mods via the new PC Mod Preview. Currently, mod support is only available on Steam (it's coming to the Microsoft Store on PC "soon"), and it first requires players to opt-in.

To do so, right-click on Doom Eternal within your Steam library and select "Properties". From there, navigate to the "Betas" tab, select "pc-mod-preview" from the drop-down menu, confirm your choice, then wait for the new update to install.

Read more

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X