No announcement yet.

Where You Buy Your Computer Cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Wars Outlaws director Julian Gerighty has confirmed a patch is coming "maybe in 10 days" to address the game's "unfair" and "incredibly punishing" insta-fail stealth sequences.
    In an interview with GamesRadar+, Gerighty admitted that whilst the team had intentionally designed the sequence to build "tension", it "just [didn't] want it to feel unfair. And today, I think it feels unfair".
    "This is more of something that crept in in the last week or so and that we're correcting already for a patch that's coming out maybe in 10 days," he added.
    Read more

More...

Comment

• Destiny 2's average 30-day player count on Steam has dropped to its lowest level in the series' history.
      Whilst participation in live-service games inevitably waxes and wanes - and these figures do not account for players on console - it's nonetheless an unwelcomed milestone for Bungie's beleaguered sci-fi shooter.
      Despite launching Episodes, the three-part, self-contained seasons that kicked off in The Final Shape's shadow back in June, Steam Charts suggests the game is averaging just 31,300 players over the last 30 days – the lowest number ever recorded since Destiny launched on Steam back in 2019.
      Read more

More...

Comment

• Band member and co-songwriter of Heaven 17 Martyn Ware has told Rockstar to "go fuck yourself" after being offered $7500 - that's around £5700 - to include their 1983 hit, Temptation, in Grand Theft Auto 6.
        In a candid explanation posted to X/Twitter, Ware did not play down his dismay at the offer and stressed that predecessor GTA 5 grossed $8.6bn.
        "I was recently contacted by my publishers on behalf of Rockstar Games [regarding] the possibility of using [1983 hit] Temptation on the new Grand Theft Auto 6," Ware wrote.
        Read more

More...

Comment

• As a slight disclaimer before I kick off the kicking, these first impressions are based on 90 minutes of playing the retail version of Hitman 3 VR Reloaded on launch day. Apparently a big patch will be releasing on the 9th September that is said to address a lot of the issues that I had with the game. But I'll never know because I'll be damned if I ever put my face inside this nightmare again...
          Hitman 3 VR on the PlayStation VR is still one of my all time favourite virtual experiences. Despite the limitations of the platform with its unreliable Move Controllers and low resolution headset, Hitman's sprawling, highly detailed levels were a joy to explore.
          Actually being inside of these small sandbox envorniments felt so immersive and a natural fit for the game but as good as I thought it was, I couldn't help but want for more. Sharper graphics, the ability to use both hands, greater immersion. These were things that headset owners were hoping for and, to be fair, expecting when Hitman 3 hit PC VR in 2022, but that ended up being a huge disappointment in its own right.
          Read more

More...

Comment

• How many games feature an elderly protagonist? More often than not, we find ourselves playing as plucky and attractive youngsters, superpowered teens, or occasionally a gruff dad. But what about an old man with a walking stick?
            Well, that's who you play as in platformer adventure The Eternal Life of Goldman, from developer Weappy Studio and publisher THQ Nordic. And if an old man may seem like a slow, weak character with a lack of ability, you're forgetting the walking stick. Because the obvious thing to do with a walking stick is bounce on it. Naturally - this is a video game after all.
            If that sounds like a callback to NES classic Duck Tales, you'd be right. Indeed, the game as a whole is a callback to the past, but with plenty of modern twists. This isn't just a walking stick, but a multi-faceted tool with three interchangeable parts: the handle, the point, and the stick itself. By collecting new parts the old man gains new abilities, like the aforementioned bouncing, and a hook to interact with floating platforms - or, as with one boss, to pull on its tail to stun it.
            Read more

More...

Comment

• Around the time Eurogamer launched, I was temping at an insurance office in Bournemouth, and I had a temping lunch break pal called Ken who I'm invoking now for two reasons. Firstly, Ken was the first person I spoke to who ever talked about "net anxiety" - the worry that one should be off making their fortune on the new frontiers of the internet. Secondly, he was the first person I met who played games online. Actual games. There was a driving game he liked, and I think he dabbled in a few shooters. It was like alchemy to me. It was like knowing - and having lunch with - an actual wizard.
              Here's the thing, though: I say Ken liked the games. In truth he was like one of those writers who doesn't like writing but likes having written. Ken liked being the only person I knew who played games online, but the actual playing of games online was an irritating faff. Disconnections. Random bugs. Abuse from distant players. Huge phone bills.
              I think I could tell my 10-year-old daughter about Ken and his experiences and she'd be completely baffled. She's grown up with the internet but also with the idea that the internet and games should fit together seamlessly. I got broadband long before she was born. She comes home from school and games are waiting for her, online, effortlessly social, a place to chat as much as play, an extension of the conversations she had in the playground and on the way home.
              Read more

More...

Comment

• The developer behind NetEase's survival free-to-play horror, Once Human, says the feedback it's received about the game's second season has been "quite demoralising".
                In a statement posted to the team's Discord server, the team said that it "value[s players'] opinions" and hopes to "fulfil all [player] requests in future updates" but stopped short of detailing what these may be.
                The team did, however, address two immediate issues.
                Read more

More...

Comment

• Baldur's Gate 3's latest and much-anticipated patch 7 is here, and it seems we're making the most of it, with over 1m mods installed since the patch went live on 5th September.
                  As announced by Larian Studios' Swen Vincke, "modding is pretty big - we had more than a million mods installed in less than 24 hours".
                  A couple of hours later, however, ModDB and mod.io founder Scott Reismanis popped up in Vincke's mentions to say, "just ticked over 3m installs and accelerating".
                  Read more

More...

Comment

• In a change to a previous statement, Annapurna Interactive says it will be "reprinting" Outer Wilds: Archaeologist Edition on PS5 physical disc after all.
                    Last week, Annapurna announced there had "been a glitch in the time loop", and the PS5 physical edition of its Outer Wilds: Archaeologist Edition had been printed with "the wrong version of the game", and the Echoes of the Eye expansion was unknowingly omitted from the disc.
                    In recompense, the company invited players to contact iam8bit's customer support team with proof of purchase to receive a DLC voucher code, which - as some collectors pointed out - nullified the point of owning a physical copy of the game in the first place.
                    Read more

More...

Comment

• Midnight Society, the developer behind "vertical extraction shooter" Deadrop, has announced "significant" layoffs following studio co-founder Guy "Dr Disrespect" Beahm's admission of "inappropriate" behaviour with a "minor" earlier this year.

Midnight Society employees began reporting job cuts on social media over the weekend, and now, in a statement shared with PC Gamer, the developer has confirmed "significant" layoffs. "Unfortunately, Midnight Society has faced multiple unexpected challenges in recent months," the studio said. "To adapt to these changes and secure the future of Midnight Society, Deadrop, and our commitment to providing innovative gaming experiences, we've made the tough decision to streamline our operations, which includes a significant workforce reduction."

"We wouldn't be here without the contributions of those who are affected," it continued," and we thank them for all their incredible work, support them, and wish them the best." The studio added, "Despite these challenges, we remain dedicated to launching Deadrop in 2025."

Read more

More...

Comment

• Sony has revealed its PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium games for September.
                        From 17th September, Extra members will be able to get their hands on:
                        Premium members will also be able to access the following PS VR2 and games from the Classics catalogue:
                        Read more

More...

Comment

• Yesterday Sony finally announced the long-rumoured PS5 Pro in a technical presentationn hosted by Mark Cerny. The console is a more advanced version of the PlayStation 5 that boosts its graphics capabilities, and even improves backwards compatibility with some PS4 games.
                          Yet the biggest catch of all is its £700 price tag. What's more, with this being a digital-only console, the £100 disc drive add-on is required for physical games, not to mention the additional £25 needed for the optional stand just to hold the console vertically. That's a total of £825 - without games, as well as the fancy TV necessary to really show off those extra pixels.
                          The reaction so far has been overwhelmingly negative, predominantly thanks to that audacious price. Indeed, as Eurogamer's Chris Tapsell wrote, the PS5 Pro is "an argument against 'Pro' consoles altogether". It certainly seems more in-line with the expectations of PC players than console players.
                          Read more

More...

Comment

• Dead Island 2 is getting a free update next month, which will include a new co-op horde mode known as Neighborhood Watch and New Game Plus.
                            "Taking place over the span of five fictional days, Neighborhood Watch sees a group of college kids - the Bobcats - defend their frat house from an approaching zombie horde," reads Neighborhood Watch's description. "Initially, you and your friends complete a variety of missions, setting traps, and stockpiling weapons as you prepare your defences.
                            "Then, on the fifth and final day, the zombie onslaught begins! If your defences, skills, and teamwork are up to the task, you might just live to tell the tale." You can check out a trailer for Neighborhood Watch below.
                            Read more

More...

Comment

• If the recently-announced PS5 Pro is a little too pricey for you but you have been looking to get your hands on a PlayStation 5 at some point, there is a significantly cheaper option on the horizon.
                              Sony is primed to start selling refurbished PS5 consoles, which it promises will be "as good as new" (although the company does note its refurbished products "may have minor cosmetic imperfections").
                              While the PS5 Pro is retailing at £700 without the disk drive and vertical stand, these refurbished consoles will sell for £390, as per the PlayStation website.
                              Read more

More...

Comment

• There are currently no plans to make Sonic Adventure 3 and continue the Sonic series from the Dreamcast days.
                                Sonic Team boss Takashi Iizuka was interviewed by VGC and discussed the possibility of continuing the series, as well as a return of its much loved Chao Garden.
                                Iizuka acknowledged the requests for the Chao Garden to make a return, but noted "it's part of the whole Sonic Adventure series game".
                                Read more

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X