Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Expected to Launch Ivy Bridge-E Processors During IDF 2013

The wait is almost over

Power users take note, Intel will likely unveil its long-awaited Ivy Bridge-E processor lineup during the Santa Clara chip maker's Intel Developer Forum (IDF) in San Francisco later this month. The IDF conference runs from September 10 through 12 and figures to be an interesting one with so much emphasis lately on non-traditional computing devices, such as smart TVs, wearable computing devices (smart watches), and mobile products.
    Intel will undoubtedly detail its Bay Trail-T Atom processors built on a 22nm manufacturing process. These will power a new generation of Windows 8 tablets, convertibles, tablets, and more. Based on Intel's Silvermont architecture, Bay Trail-T will deliver superior power savings and performance compared to previous generation Atom parts as the chip maker attempts to wrestle mobile share away from ARM.
    Getting back to Ivy Bridge-E, Digitimes claims to have heard from "PC players" that Intel will release the following processors at IDF:
    • Core i7 4960X (six-core, 3.6GHz)
    • Core i7 4930K (six-core, 3.4GHz)
    • Core i7 4820K (quad-core, 3.7GHz)

All three chips will have a 130W TDP and slip in LGA 2011 boards with X79 support. Prices will scale as high as $1,000.
    Follow Paul on Google+, Twitter, and Facebook

More...
    ClanofIdiots.com Administrator
    PcGamingNetworks.com Co-owner
    webmaster@clanofidiots.com
Working...
X