No announcement yet.

Surface Pro 3 Variants with Core i3 and i7 CPUs Now Available in U.S., Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface Pro 3 Variants with Core i3 and i7 CPUs Now Available in U.S., Canada

Several other countries to receive the new options by month’s end

Microsoft officially unveiled the third iteration of its Surface series of actively cooled Windows tablets at a special event in New York on May 20, 2014. Of the five Surface Pro 3 models announced back then, two began shipping a month later, with the company scheduling the release of the other variants in August. Well, August is here, as are the remaining three variants of the 12-inch slate.
    First up is the Core i3 version (1.50 GHz Core i3-4020Y to be precise) with 64GB storage. At $799, it is cheaper than both the 128GB and 256GB Core i5-4300U based Surface Pro 3 models that have been available since June. Then we have a couple of models built around the 3.30GHz Intel Core i7-4650U processor. The 256GB option is priced at $1,549 and the 512GB at $1,949.00.
    According to Microsoft, these new options will be available in “Australia, Austria, Belgium, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea, Luxembourg, Malaysia, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand and the United Kingdom” by the end of August.
    Hopefully by then, Microsoft will have succeeded in addressing the various issues that some existing Surface Pro 3 owners have complained about over the past couple of months. So far, the company has issued as many as three firmware updates in a bid to fix these problems, which include excessive heating and poor Wi-Fi speeds, but to no avail.
    Follow Pulkit on Google+

More...
    ClanofIdiots.com Administrator
    PcGamingNetworks.com Co-owner
    webmaster@clanofidiots.com
Working...
X