Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forget the Picture Frame, Use Lian Li's O Series Chassis to Hang a PC on Your Wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forget the Picture Frame, Use Lian Li's O Series Chassis to Hang a PC on Your Wall

An open air wall-mountable chassis

Have you ever thought about hanging your PC components on a wall? Admittedly I have a time or three, though I've never attempted it because, quite frankly, it'd be a lot of work to secure each and every component on a bare wall, and then make it all look nice to boot. It looks like Lian Li read my mind -- the company's new O Series open-air cases are wall-mountable (and also a work in progress).
    There are four different models: the mini-ITX PC-O5, mini-ITX PC-O5S, micro-ATX PC-O6S, and the ATX PC-O7S. All of them are in the prototype stage, as Lian Li looks for user feedback from the DIY community as it fleshes out and tweaks a final design.
    Though they're built for different form factors, each case is similar in overall design. They all feature an oversized tempered glass window so that visitors can spy the entire build. And to keep it slim, graphics cards are installed parallel to the motherboard through a PCI riser card and extension.
    Cases with an "S" suffix denote water cooling compatibility, with the PC-O5S supporting radiators up to 240mm; the PC-O6S and PC-O7S support radiators up to 360mm.
    Wall mounting any of the O Series cases is optional (you'll probably want a wireless mouse and keyboard if going that route), as they can also be placed on a desk in the vertical position using an included aluminum stand with rubber grip, or horizontally on four attachable feet with rubber padding.
    No word on when Lian Li might bring these case to market or what the MSRPs will be.
    Follow Paul on Google+, Twitter, and Facebook

More...
    ClanofIdiots.com Administrator
    PcGamingNetworks.com Co-owner
    webmaster@clanofidiots.com
Working...
X