Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CES 2015: Lenovo Unveils “World’s Lightest” Laptop, New ThinkPad Yoga, and More [Vide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CES 2015: Lenovo Unveils “World’s Lightest” Laptop, New ThinkPad Yoga, and More [Vide

The LaVie Z laptop is unbelievably light

If companies at CES 2015 were to have a mantra, Lenovo’s would have to be “thin and light.” These were words repeated on a consistent basis to Onling Managing Editor Jimmy Thang who taken by surprise when he picked up Lenovo’s ultra light LaVie Z and was then shown the new ThinkPad Yoga, Flex laptops, thinkvision X24 Monitor, and T550 Ultrabook.
    Lenovo’s self-proclaimed “world’s lightest” laptop is the result of the company's partnership with NEC that comes in two models. There is the 13-inch LaVie Z HZ750 Yoga-style hybrid which weighs 2.04 lbs and the 13-inch LaVie Z HZ550 laptop which weighs in at an astonishing 1.72 lbs that, according to Jimmy, “feels almost like a Fisher Price laptop.” Both models feature a magnesium-lithium chassis that is credited for both models being so light and which are 16.9 mm thin. For the HZ550, it is powered by an Intel Core i5 processor while the HZ750 has an Intel Core i7 processor with 4GB of RAM being offered for both models which also has 128GB SSD for storage.
    The LaVie Z HZ550’s starting cost will be $1,299 while the HZ750 will start at $1,499. Both are expected to be available in the US in May.
    Lenovo also showed off a new 14-inch and 15-inch ThinkPad Yoga which features a 360-degree hinge with a lift-and-lock keyboard that locks all the keys in place when the screen is flipped completely around. Consumers will have the option of up to 1TB of storage and up to a 5th Generation Intel Core i7 while the 15-inch model offers an optional 3D camera.
    Both versions of the ThinkPad Yoga will have a starting price of $1,199. However, the 14-inch model will be out in May while the 15-inch version will be available in February.
    Jimmy was also shown the new T550 15-inch ultrabook which comes with up to 16GB of RAM, up to 1TB of HDD or a 512GB SSD, and up to 5th Generation Intel Core i7. The T550 is .22 mm thick and weighs around five pounds with a starting price of $999 and will be out in February.
    Then following in the footsteps of everything being thin, a new monitor was shown called the ThinkVision X24 that does just that. The 24-inch monitor has a 23.8-inch borderless screen that is only 7.5mm thick, though it gets thicker at the bottom due to the tilting stand and ports. It will be available in April or May for $249.
    Lastly, Jimmy was shown some new additions to the Yoga series of convertible notebooks such as the Yoga 14 which features a new form factor for the series with a 14-inch screen crammed into a 13-inch form factor. It is also based on the new Intel Broadwell i-series with discreet graphics in the device, though what Nvidia GPU is being used is currently being kept a secret until Nvidia makes an announcement.
    A new 11-inch Lenovo Flex convertible series was also shown which can be bent into tent mode or tablet mode. In the convertible series, Lenovo revealed that the platform will support both Intel and AMD CPUs.
    The range of new additions to the Flex and Yoga lineups are expected to be released over the period of Q1 and Q2 2015.
    But be sure to watch the video for more information.
    What do you think of the LaVie Z and the ThinkVision X24? Are they thin enough for your tastes? Sound off in the comments below!
    Follow Sean on Google+, Twitter, and Facebook

More...
    ClanofIdiots.com Administrator
    PcGamingNetworks.com Co-owner
    webmaster@clanofidiots.com
Working...
X