Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So now that i'm gone, can i say what i want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So now that i'm gone, can i say what i want?

After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered this is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every! citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

If you agree -- pass this along; if you don't agree -- delete it!

>AMEN
    I figure if we all keep passing this to our freinds (and enemies) it will also ,sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please

well we do have the same problem Bertie, there are much people who don't speak Dutch. But i don't care. Let them speak their own language. Intregration........aight........they have to intregrate......give them the time they need to do that. They have to learn dutch a.s.a.p., but do we learn english or french in only 3 or 4 weeks.........don't think so
    Last edited by [BiA] MasterMind; 03-24-2003, 12:51 AM.
    [BiA]Masterz0r

Comment

Re: So now that i'm gone, can i say what i want?

Originally posted by Doc Rocket
      After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered this is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper. He did quite a job; didn't he? Read on, please!

IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others.

I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity. As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom.

We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language!

"In God We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every! citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great American freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.

If you agree -- pass this along; if you don't agree -- delete it!

>AMEN
      I figure if we all keep passing this to our freinds (and enemies) it will also ,sooner or later get back to the complainers, lets all try, please
      Dude... Uhh well this post is pretty deep huh maybe we could make a ''Serious Stuff'' part in this forum .
      Well Doc i must say sometimes I do have something against patriotism, because my opinion is that America is going too far. But wel what the heck I don't care about America let em' do their best to get the almighty power around the world .
      No guys I'm just kidding I don't wanna make a discussion out of this, this is gonna bring total war between some members of this forum. As they say; Look with one eye to the past, and you're blind with one eye.. If you don't look to the past at all, you're blind at two eyes.
      So please, don't make a gigantic discussion out of this, this happened before and it didn't end very well.

Greetings, Fraggy
      POST!!
      [Coi]Mr.Fragwell® is property of Doc Rocket® and Michael®

POST OR DIE!

Comment

Re: Re: So now that i'm gone, can i say what i want?

Originally posted by [Coi] Mr.Fragwell
        So please, don't make a gigantic discussion out of this, this happened before and it didn't end very well.
        Wise words, Willem...

Hans
        |ToaK|-Website Dulce bellum inexpertis.
        (War is delightful to those who have no experience of it.)

Comment

Well, hhhmmmm... if it's only for fun i don't take this to serious hehe
          Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
          Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
          Walk beside me and just be my friend.

The old wolf

Comment

Dude i know, but the previous time it happened it also started for fun, and well it turned out pretty bad.. And take it from someone who has the experience that people were pissed at him on a forum
            POST!!

POST OR DIE!

Comment

Well spoken Fraggy !
              [BiA]Masterz0r

Comment

Dude i know, but the previous time it happened it also started for fun, and well it turned out pretty bad.. And take it from someone who has the experience that people were pissed at him on a forum
                I understand you and I agree with you, don't misunderstand me please. People who talk like this (Discrimination) i don't take serious thats what i mend with funny ok? And i have experience enough i think. Remember me, i backed you up in november 2002 when i where just in the [BiA].

The old wolf

Comment

Dude i know and i can't thank you enough for that .

P.S, am i discriminating?
                  POST!!

POST OR DIE!

Comment

Dude i know and i can't thank you enough for that .

P.S, am i discriminating?
                    No offcourse not!!!!!!!!!!

The old wolf

Comment

LoL Willem,je verbaast me elke dag
                      Fraggy is the Man !!!

Greetz Flinny

Comment

Dank je Flinstone .
                        POST!!

POST OR DIE!

Comment

Working...
                        X