No announcement yet.

Where You Buy Your Computer Cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Eurogamer's 25th birthday this week, and to celebrate, we're going to play something like pass the parcel with you. We want you to share your favourite memory of Eurogamer in the comments below, then we'll randomly pick a person at the end of the week to be our winner. They will win a brand new Switch OLED: Mario Red Edition that's been kindly provided by Nintendo.
    Note the emphasis on "randomly": in previous memory-themed giveaways, which I love by the way - we've done one for Street Fighter, Zelda, Star Wars, and um Christmas - I have handpicked winners, but because the value of this prize is significantly higher, we thought it fairer to randomly select one. I'll let you know who wins on Saturday.
    That's really all you need to know. You might want to look at some of the previous giveaway threads for memory inspiration, or listen to the anniversary podcast coming later this week, in which I reassemble the site's previous editors, in the hope it will jog a few memories loose - I know it did for me. Most of all, thank you for being with us for so long - you help make Eurogamer what it is.
    Read more

More...

Comment

• Rocksteady staff have told Eurogamer of redundancies at the studio, following the underperformance of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.

The company's QA department has seen its size almost cut in half over the past month, Eurogamer understands, from 33 team members to 15, with poor sales of Suicide Squad directly cited as a reason for its "restructuring".

The job losses extend outside of QA, too. One staff member posting publicly on social media over the weekend revealed they had been told they were being made redundant in the middle of their paternity leave.

Read more

More...

Comment

• 25 years ago this week, two brothers from Brighton helped set up a website about video games. They based the fledgling operation in their parents' converted garage and named it Eurogamer - a spin-off of a Quake 2 tournament they used to run, EuroQuake.

By the time I joined, in 2010, Eurogamer was a household name in the global games industry, and that small garage-based gang had grown into a team soon to fill a three-storey office in the centre of the city.

Eurogamer had carved out a reputation for writing fearlessly about video games, and earned itself a brilliantly engaged, knowledgeable and loyal audience as a result.

Read more

More...

Comment

• That ever growing pile of video game statue memorabilia is getting bigger.
          First4Figures is releasing both a Big Boss statue based on Metal Gear Solid 3 and a Metroid Prime Samus Gravity Suit statue.
          The Big Boss statue is "inspired by the poignant ending of Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, where Big Boss salutes at The Boss' grave as a final tribute to his mentor". This, First4Figures says, symbolises Big Boss' "unwavering respect and the complex emotions he carries after a mission filled with betrayal and sacrifice".
          Read more

More...

Comment

• Nintendo has updated its guidelines for content creators, strengthening its right "to object" to any content it deems "inappropriate".
            Nintendo's "game content guidelines for online video and image sharing platforms" were updated earlier today (2nd September). Whilst the company says it is "humbled every day" by the loyalty and passion of its fanbase, it nonetheless reminds all content creators that they need to adhere to "basic rules", and "reserves the right to object to any content that [it] believe[s] is unlawful, infringing, inappropriate, or not in line with these guidelines".
            "We reserve the right to no longer allow the use of Nintendo game content in case of such violations," the terms guidelines say.
            Read more

More...

Comment

• Voice actress Jennifer Hale has discussed the impact of AI as part of the current SAG-AFTRA voice actors strike, describing it as a hammer that can "smash your skin and destroy who you are."

Hale is well known for her video game work, including games like Mass Effect (Shepard), Metal Gear Solid (Naomi Hunter), and Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Rivet).

"AI is coming for all of us," Hale said in a new interview with Variety. "Because the truth is, AI is just a tool like a hammer. If I take my hammer, I could build you a house. I can also take that same hammer and I can smash your skin and destroy who you are."

Read more

More...

Comment

• Baldur's Gate 3 PC players will soon be able to get their hands on the game's coveted Patch 7.
                This patch was previously in beta, and while we don't have an exact date for its full release, we know it's arriving imminently, courtesy of Larian's Swen Vincke during a Pax West panel this weekend.
                The patch is set to include mod support, as well as split screen updates, improvements to combat in Honour Mode, new evil endings cinematics, bug fixes and more.
                Read more

More...

Comment

• The Resident Evil ports on mobile now require an internet connection to play, prompting players to refuse the latest update - or even seek refunds.

As shared on the iOSGaming subreddit, the latest update from Capcom for Resident Evil 7, Resident Evil 4, and Resident Evil Village states: "Due to changes to the startup process, an internet connection is now required when starting this app".

It's unclear exactly why an internet connection is needed, though players are speculating it could be for DRM checks, or simply data collection.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Honor's Magic 6 Pro was a phone that arrived a few months ago with quite some fanfare, being an option that packs in a shedload of beefy hardware into a sleek design that may well make it one of the best Android phones available - hell, even one of the best phones you can purchase full stop. It's a handset I wanted to get my hands on since I first saw it unveiled and luckily, here we are.
                    The Magic 6 Pro packs in some excellent specs including the latest mobile Snapdragon SoC with the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3, as well as 12GB of RAM and 512GB of storage in my sample. You also get a ridiculous triple camera setup with a 50MP main sensor, a 180MP periscope telephoto and a 50MP ultrawide, while the display is a beefy 6.8-inch LTPO OLED with support for a 120Hz refresh rate, Dolby Vision, and a peak HDR brightness of 5000 nits, and there's also a larger 5600mAh battery for your troubles, too.
                    At a £1100 RRP (though currently discounted to £730), it sits at the level of a modern flagship, though undercuts the competition in terms of beating off Samsung's S24 Ultra and Sony's new Xperia 1 VI, making it somewhat good value for money - well, as much as a flagship smartphone can be these days.
                    Read more

More...

Comment

• Space Goblin Studio - an indie team with "AAA credentials" - has revealed its debut game, Astrobotanica, is set to release in early access in 2025.
                      Delivering a "unique blend of survival, exploration, and plant wizardry", Astrobotanica is described as a "lush open-world survival adventure" that "transports players to prehistoric Earth, where an alien botanist crash-lands while searching for plant species to save their dying home planet, Aya".
                      You can see it in action in the teaser below:
                      Read more

More...

Comment

• It's official - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom take place outside the series' established timeline.
                        That's according to Nintendo itself, which shared the timetable at Nintendo Live 2024 in Sydney.
                        Whilst every other game slots into either the "Hero is Defeated" or "Hero is Triumphant" timeline, two games are set very intentionally off to the side: Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom.
                        Read more

More...

Comment

• New gameplay footage from Slitterhead has dropped from PAX West, and once again, Slitterhead is really emphasising the fact you can play as a dog.
                          We first got a good look at Bokeh Studio's Slitterhead last summer when a developer diary revealed new details about its inaugural title, including a sneaky peek at some of the game's enemies, abilities, and - surprise! - the ability to play as a dog, something reprised in leaked footage in June, too.
                          Now, Gematsu has shared three videos of footage taken at PAX West (one is embedded above; the other two can be seen here and here), which give us a better look at how The Spirit moves around the world, slipping from person to person (or dog to person, as the case may be), as well as its dark, detailed urban environments.
                          Read more

More...

Comment

• Until Dawn remake developer Ballistic Moon has laid off an unspecified number of employees ahead of the game's release on 4th October.
                            Whilst the British studio has not formally acknowledged the layoffs in a statement on any of its social media channels, at least two former devs have announced their redundancies on LinkedIn.
                            "Like many others in this wonderful but turbulent industry, I am sadly being made redundant from my role as a Junior Game Designer at Ballistic Moon," said Cassy Cornish on their LinkedIn.
                            Read more

More...

Comment

• Shadow of the Ninja Reborn is a beautiful, hard-as-nails action game from developer Tengo Project. The fourth entry in Tengo's 16-bit taste remake series, it's also arguably the most ambitious. Prior releases from Tengo Project, such as Pocky and Rocky Reshrined and The Ninja Warriors Once Again, were based on games that already existed in 16-bit form, making the transition easier to imagine - but this new game is based on an 8-bit NES game instead. As a result, everything needed to be completely re-imagined from the ground-up. From gameplay to visuals and audio, this is a masterpiece of pixel art action that simply must be experienced if you have any love for classic gaming.

To refresh your memory, Tengo Project is a three-man group of creators that previously worked on classic Natsume games dating back to the 90s. Starting with 2016's Wild Guns Reloaded, the team has continued to craft new takes on titles they had worked on decades ago. The result is some of the finest pixel art ever to grace a screen. Tengo's latest releases answer the question - what would games look like if designers had continued to focus on 2D pixel art rather than polygons?

Shadow of the Ninja Reborn sees the developers take their art one step further. With prior releases, you could directly follow the visual lineage from Super NES to the new Tengo Project releases. However, the new game is a remake of a 1990 NES ninja action game. Essentially, this is the first time where the designer had to create an original art style from the ground up rather than simply expanding on the prior work. Instead of adding detail to existing art, the entire visual design has changed, bringing it more into line with other recent Tengo titles.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Discord wants to share your recent playtime with your friends.
                                Discord's activity tracker now displays not only the games you've been playing over the last 30 days, but also long you've been playing them, too.
                                Similarly, if you've returned to a game after a hiatus, your tracker will indicate to your pals that you've made a comeback.
                                Read more

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X