No announcement yet.

Where You Buy Your Computer Cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Among the many questions observers had following this week's shock shutdown of PlayStation 5v5 shooter Concord (albeit not necessarily at the top of their list) was if the now-defunct live-service title would still make an appearance in Amazon's upcoming animated video game anthology series Secret Level - and the answer, according to a new report at least, is yes.

Secret Level, if you haven't been following along, is a 15-episode series from the creators of Love, Death & Robots that'll feature original stories set in the world of games. More specifically, it'll include episodes centred on Armored Core, Crossfire, Dungeons & Dragons, Exodus, Honor of Kings, Mega Man, New World: Aeternum, PAC-MAN, Sifu, Spelunky, The Outer Worlds, Unreal Tournament, Warhammer 40,000, and a number of PlayStation Studios games.

More pertinently, though, it was also due to include an episode based on Concord - a decision made well before the game was pulled from sale just two weeks after launch amid less-than-stellar player numbers. And while developer Firewalk Studios has suggested Concord may one day return, many wondered if its Secret Level episode would get the chop given it was essentially envisaged as an advert for a game that, currently at least, effectively no longer exists.

Read more

More...

Comment

• A recently leaked image purportedly showing Sony's heavily discussed but still officially under-wraps PlayStation 5 Pro appears to have received corroboration from an unexpected source. A near-identical design has now been spotted in the background of Sony's newly unveiled official PlayStation 30th anniversary artwork.

Last week, prolific leaker bilbil-kun shared details of Sony's still unannounced PS5 Pro, alongside an illustration of its outer shell. While it mostly retained the PS5's familiar open-shirt design, it included one notable change: in place of the single diagonal stripe found on the body of the PlayStation Slim, the leaked PS5 Pro design featured three diagonal ridged lines.

Keep that in mind as we now hurtle forward in time to the present, and Sony's recently announced PlayStation 30th anniversary celebrations. Alongside details of its birthday activities - which are set to include the release of several digital soundtracks as well as a new range of toys - Sony shared new anniversary artwork featuring a grey cross, triangle, circle, and square made up of various PlayStation consoles and peripherals.

Read more

More...

Comment

• This December marks 30 years since the Japanese launch of the original PlayStation, and Sony has now revealed how it plans to celebrate the brand's big three-oh - with the likes of digital soundtracks, PlayStation-themed toys, and more on the way.

Sony's celebrations begin later this month, with a free online multiplayer event and esports tournament running from 21st-22nd September. For the duration, it'll be possible to play online multiplayer in any PS4 or PS5 game without having a PlayStation Plus subscription.

The concurrent PS5 esports tournament, meanwhile, will feature challenges for the likes of EA UFC 5, Tekken 8, and Guilty Gear Strive, with specific details set to be published via the PlayStation Competition Centre at a later date. A special 30th anniversary avatar and other game-specific prizes will be up for grabs, and interested players can sign up to compete via the PS5's Game Hub or the in-game PlayStation Tournaments button.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Way back in March, Ubisoft's shared its post-launch roadmap for the excellent Prince of Persia: The Lost Crown, and six months later we're almost at its end. Its final content drop - the paid Mask of Darkness story DLC - launches on 17th September, and Ubisoft's has now revealed at least some of what players can expect to see when it arrives.

Mask of Darkness introduces a "sizeable" new biome known as Radjen's Mind Palace, promising "fresh traversal elements, traps, enemies, and more". It'll unlock once players have escaped the Depths and acquired the Shadow of the Simurgh time power, meaning players will need to have a decent amount of playtime under their belts before they can get stuck in.

Radjen's Mind Palace - a "surreal landscape" of floating blocks and caverns lit by ghostly flame - is accessed by teleporting from a hidden room in Mount Qaf's Lower City. While inside, Sargon is stripped of all his amulets and powers, most of his arrows and healing items, plus all but two of his time powers - the Rush of the Simurgh air-dash and Shadow of the Simurgh.

Read more

More...

Comment

• As of earlier this week, The Sims 4 is officially, and slightly alarmingly, ten years old. And coinciding with that impressive milestone, EA has unveiled the life sim's latest seasonal roadmap, which includes a life-and-death-themed new expansion arriving this Halloween.

EA's roadmap is admittedly pretty light on specifics right now, with more to be share as each release nears, but we do know The Sims 4's latest content season - collectively presented under the name To Be Continued - kicks off on 19th September with two new Kit packs.

"Give your little nooboo a sophisticated start with the Storybook Nursery Kit," teases EA's blog post, "or build an inspiring retreat to help your Sim’s creativity flow with the Artist Studio Kit."

Read more

More...

Comment

• Amazon is offering its Prime members over 20 games throughout September, which can be scooped up at no additional cost.
              These games include a number of Lord of the Rings-themed entries, as well as Shadow of the Tomb Raider, GreedFall: Gold Edition and Kerbal Space Program.
              Meanwhile, if you were one of the admittedly few people who went to see the Borderlands movie last month and thought a trip to Pandora looked up your street, Amazon also has a selection of Borderlands games on the way.
              Read more

More...

Comment

• The mobile release for the supremely popular card roguelike Balatro is later this month.
                The game will be available on both the iOS App store and the Google Play store from 26th September. Further, it'll be included as part of the Apple Arcade subscription from the same date.
                Playstack has released a new trailer to celebrate the release, which you can watch below.
                Read more

More...

Comment

• PlayStation 5 launched four years ago, shipped with a pack-in game known as Astro's Playroom - a brilliant platform game full of heart and creativity that captured the imagination of new PS5 owners. Many of us dreamt of a full-blown sequel that could expand these ideas into a larger adventure and that dream has finally been fulfilled with Astro Bot. Let me say this up front - Astro Bot is so good, it single handedly reminded me why I enjoy video games in the first place. This is a game that celebrates the entire history of video games and one of the few 3D platform games I've played that truly goes toe to toe with the best Nintendo has to offer. It's that good, putting Team Asobi up there with the greats.

Astro Bot is an explosion of colour and creativity that constantly flips your expectations on its head. When it hits, you'll feel the urge to stand up and cheer in excitement - but let's step back and break this down into chunks to better understand why it's so impressive. The formula for creating great platform games always involves carefully aligning disparate pieces to create a cohesive and engaging whole - and Astro Bot is no exception.

At its core, Astro Bot is built on the technical foundation of Astro's Playroom. Using its own in-house technology, the design objective seems clear - to deliver a smooth platforming experience at 60 frames per second while dazzling the player with physics and pyrotechnic effects at every corner. From a technical perspective, the execution is virtually flawless. It's not something we can often say about new games but in this case, the experience is so bulletproof and polished that it feels as if the team perfectly achieved what they set out to do.

Read more

More...

Comment

• It's a bit of a running joke now, really. Everytime a new action game is revealed, it's instantly compared back to FromSoftware's work with the question: "yeah, it looks great, but is it a Soulslike?" It happened with Black Myth: Wukong. And it's happened again with Phantom Blade Zero, so much so the developer had to release a statement refuting the game is a Soulslike. In an interview, it even admitted that, as a new studio, it doesn't "have the privilege of FromSoftware to make you frustrated while you're playing".

That's not to say there isn't an influence, of course. Developer S-Game, in that same statement, described the game's world as "just like the Souls games before Elden Ring". At Gamescom, I was able to go hands-on with Phantom Blade Zero, which I've been intrigued by since its reveal at the 2023 PlayStation Showcase. However, the demo was essentially a series of three boss fights. As such, I didn't really get a sense for its world design - though at the least, regular enemies do not respawn and currency isn't lost at death.

What I did experience, though, was considered combat and a strong parry mechanic that brought to mind FromSoftware's Sekiro, as well as this year's Stellar Blade. Phantom Blade Zero is a fast-paced action game that's speedy and stylish, with a hard mode that could be transformative.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Netflix has released a new trailer for the second season of Arcane. Season two of the acclaimed animated League of Legends spin-off is set to release later this year, and will conclude the series (something that is deeply disappointing).
                      That said, if this trailer is anything to go by, it sure seems like the show is going out with a bang. With explosions, dialogue such as "I want to tear that laugh from her throat forever" and a backing track that is sure to leave you feeling pumped up for the afternoon ahead, this trailer has nicely whetted appetites for the upcoming season. It focuses on Jinx, Vi and Caitlyn's rivalry, although there is a distinct lack of Jayce and Viktor. We also get a proper glimpse of Singed and a bit more of Warwick.
                      "Watch it all burn," Netflix says in the description. Oh, I am sure we will. You can check out the trailer below.
                      Read more

More...

Comment

• Square Enix is really piling on the options for its Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D remake, though the inclusion of the new Monster Wrangler vocation is the biggest addition yet.
                        I previously went hands-on with the game for its initial reveal, describing it as the perfect excuse to properly play such an iconic series. It comes not just with beautifully revamped graphics and sound, but modern features like autosave, varying battle speeds, and - as newly announced (see the video below) - the option to customise the look and voice of each character according to their vocation.
                        Vocations are the Dragon Quest equivalent to Final Fantasy's jobs, or a typical class system. And the Monster Wrangler is a new addition to Dragon Quest 3, but not to the series as a whole - it's appeared in the likes of Dragon Quest 10 and is inspired by spin-off Dragon Quest Monsters.
                        Read more

More...

Comment

• I think there's a hope we all have on the Eurogamer team that the things we do here, the articles we write or the videos we record, will mean something to the people who watch or read them. They don't have to elicit a ground-shaking reaction; it might simply be enough to make someone giggle with a wonderfully rubbish strapline - or to impress them with a genuinely clever one (have we ever had one of those?). Whatever it is we're trying to do - to inform you, to entertain you, to tell you a story - I think I speak for all of us here when I say there's a deep-seated hope it'll resonate enough to be memorable. And what you've done by responding to the 'memories of Eurogamer' piece in such abundance proves that yes, overwhelmingly, that happens, and I can't tell you how much that means to see. Thank you.
                          I've been reading through the 300-something responses today and my heart has been well and truly warmed, as it has this entire Eurogamer 25 week. It's incredibly validating to see how valued Eurogamer is among you and how long some of you have been coming back here, through staff changes, through console eras, through changing internet landscapes. Through OnLive - remember that? Some of you do. It's no small feat reaching 25 years, and your comments highlight just how much has happened in them. You've also provided me, and us, with a strong reminder about what you want from the site and what you like about it, so thank you again.
                          I particularly like seeing comments about people discovering games on Eurogamer they hadn't heard of before, and they since went on to love, and it's nice to see people praise the honesty - the sometimes brutal honesty - of our reviews and the deeper stories we've told. We try, and it's nice to see that it lands sometimes. It's also nice to see people enjoy the goofier side of Eurogamer, like the puns and the long-running Oranges gag, or Martin's legendary live reports. Though if I had to single out any one repeatedly remarked upon favourite memory as far as laughter is concerned, it would have to be, simply, Ellie Gibson. Ellie joined us for the editors podcast I recorded for EG25 this week and it's a brilliant reminder of how funny she is.
                          Read more

More...

Comment

• High-profile streamer Guy "Dr Disrespect" Beahm has returned to YouTube - two months after admitting he exchanged "messages with an individual minor" that "leaned too much in the direction of being inappropriate" - accusing critics of a "planned and coordinated attack", and asking, "Did any of you consider [they] may have been over the legal age of consent?".

Beahm admitted to conduct that "leaned too much in the direction of being inappropriate" with a minor back in June, after Twitch's former account director of strategic partnerships, Cody Conners, claimed an unnamed person had been banned from the streaming platform "because [he] got caught sexting a minor". Those allegations were later directly linked to Beahm by The Verge when the publication spoke with two former Twitch employees.

In a lengthy response at the time, Beahm said, "I can now tell you my side of the story regarding the ban. Were there Twitch Whisper messages with an individual minor back in 2017? The answer is yes. Were there real intentions behind these messages, the answer is absolutely not."

Read more

More...

Comment

• Two-thirds of female players still report being harassed when playing online.
                              In a report entitled "Why gaming still has a women problem", Sky News reflected on the propensity of misogyny and hatred against women in gaming spaces, particularly on Discord and in multiplayer games.
                              In primary research conducted for the report, tech journalist Mickey Carroll said she was harassed and called a host of slurs simply because her "profile picture showed that [she] was clearly a woman".
                              Read more

More...

Comment

• Director John Garvin says it's "kinda sad" that the leading man of his Days Gone game has been "reduced to a cartoon shill" by an image posted by his former studio, Bend.
                                The picture - released to mark fellow Sony studio Team Asobi's hugely successful Astro Bot launch - shows a Bot dressed in Deacon's garb reclining on a beach.
                                Garvin said, "[Deacon] has been reduced to promoting other games", adding: "Well done Bend Studio! Way to protect your legacy!"
                                Read more

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X