No announcement yet.

Where You Buy Your Computer Cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God of War Ragnarök is making the jump from PlayStation to PC on 19th September, and ahead of its arrival, Sony has shared PC system requirements - which, among other things, reveals players will need to free up 190GB of hard drive space to play.

As per the PlayStation Blog, the minimum hardware players will likely need to get Ragnarök running at 1080p with an average of 30fps at Low settings is a GTX 1060/RX 5500 XT, an Intel i5-4670K/Ryzen 3 1200, 8GB RAM, Windows 10, and the aforementioned 190GB SSD space.

Right at the other, considerably flashier end of the spectrum, it's recommended players hoping to hit an average of 60fps at 4K on Ultra settings have an RTX 4070 Ti/RX 7900 XT, an Intel i5-11600K/Ryzen 7 3700X, 16GB RAM, Windows 10, and, yes, a big ol' chunk of SSD space.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Vampire Survivors - the acclaimed (and still doggedly vampire-free) minimalist survival RPG from developer Poncle - is finally launching for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 on 29th August.

Vampire Survivors launched into PC early access back in 2021, where it immediately set tongues wagging - partly because it cost an absurdly generous £3.99, but mostly because its mix of wave-based monster dodging and auto-bludgeoning is very blimmin' good indeed.

"Once this wave is done, once this boss is done, once I've unlocked a new character or item, I should really turn off the computer and go for a run. Maybe," wrote Christian Donlan in Eurogamer's Recommended review. "Or maybe one more go, one more choice, one more chance to confuse speed with damage with experience."

Read more

More...

Comment

• Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2 stands as one of the most impressive games we've seen this year, and, in fact, this entire generation. It's a game that pushes the limits of what Unreal Engine 5 can offer at this point in time, taking full advantage of its many features. Beautiful acting, amazing character models, stunning landscapes, and truly exceptional lighting all come together to create a moody, beautiful and atmospheric experience.
        We recently had the chance to sit down with three key members from the Hellblade 2 development team at Ninja Theory: VFX director Mark Slater-Tunstill, environment art director Dan Atwell and audio director David García Díaz. We spoke at length about the tech behind the game, the challenges and opportunities of being an early Unreal Engine 5 release, and some key development decisions that defined the title.
        As usual, the interview text below has been lightly edited for length and clarity, with the full discussion available via the video embed below.
        Read more

More...

Comment

• KeelWork’s strikingly opulent shooter dares to do new things with its genre in an effort to unite players of every level. This is what a blockbuster shooter should look like.
          Arcade shooting games are, in truth, about fragility. Despite their reputation as gaming's most furious, excessive form, they almost universally place you at the controls of a weaponised weakling; a vessel that disintegrates after the briefest contact with a single enemy bullet.
          That’s not the case with Cygni: All Guns Blazing, a new shooter that insists it's OK to take dozens of enemy hits and stay in the game. That might sound like a reckless inversion of what makes the genre so special and rewarding. However, Scottish developer KeelWorks appears to have been meticulous in its subtle revolution of what a shooting game can be – and who it can serve. There’s even an argument to be made that Cygni proposes a vision of what a blockbuster shooter could be; namely staggeringly polished, technically muscular, and able to welcome and impress a vast mainstream audience.
          Read more

More...

Comment

• Roblox has responded to news the government of Türkiye has banned access to the platform in order to "ensure the protection of our children".

News of the ban was shared yesterday by the country's Minister of Justice Yılmaz Tunç in a lengthy statement on social media site X.

Tunç didn't provide a specific reason for the ban beyond it being "due to the content that could lead to the exploitation of children" and that the country is "obliged to take the necessary measures to ensure the protection of our children".

Read more

More...

Comment

• As teased earlier this week, Arkane founder Raphael Colantonio has today unveiled the first details of his next game at WolfEye Studios.
              While the game's name is still under wraps, this new project is a first-person action RPG that's set in an alternate America in the 1900s, marking a shift in time and perspective from the top-down, isometric sandbox towns of WolfEye's debut game, Weird West.
              As the studio also previously teased, the new game's visuals will be grounded in a retro sci-fi aesthetic - and if the first three in-game screenshots didn't already give it away, Colantonio (who's creative director for this new game) and executive producer Julien Roby tell me over a video call that both its gameplay and art direction are intended to be "something like Fallout meets Dishonored".
              Read more

More...

Comment

• Krafton, the publisher of survival horror game The Callisto Protocol, forced developer Striking Distance to release the game early.

That's according to the game's director Glen Schofield, in an interview with Dan Allen Gaming (thanks PCGamesN) in which he discusses problems during the game's development.

Krafton, known for publishing PUBG, insisted the game release three months earlier than Schofield wanted. As a result, two and a half bosses and three or four enemy types were cut from the game.

Read more

More...

Comment

• There are some pretty chunky spoilers here about the Dark Urge playthrough of Baldur's Gate 3, and perhaps one or two about other parts of the game. If you're still planning a Dark Urge playthrough of the game, I'd suggest going in as unaware as possible. Bookmark this for later.
                  Being evil in games excites me. I cannot resist the temptation of pressing a big red button. I do it because I want to see what a game dares let me do, and I do it because it's naughty. For months, I've been daring Baldur's Gate 3 to see how far it will let me go in my evil adventure, and so far, it's never backed down. I've pushed every red button I've found and the results have been extraordinary.
                  It's not common. Being a villain in a game is anathema to being a hero. How can you be one and also the other? This question has fascinated me for a long time, and it's why, when I first saw the Dark Urge option in Baldur's Gate 3, I was captivated. Here was a background option I could apply to my character that would implant some kind of unrestrainable evil in me - a murderous desire that could race forward and take control at the merest provocation. It could mean the death of companions and majorly upended story events. Was I ready to cede so much control to something in a role-playing game?
                  Read more

More...

Comment

• Game Science has released a fresh trailer for forthcoming action-RPG Black Myth: Wukong ahead of its release later this month.

The trailer gives an extended look at the world of the game, the combat and transformational abilities of the monkey protagonist, and the imposing bosses he'll face - from smaller enemies to colossal beasts.

You may want to skip the trailer if you're looking to go in completely spoiler free, but it's certainly worth a look to admire the dramatic production.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Gaming revenue for Warner Bros. Discovery has declined by 41 percent year-on-year due to the "weak performance" of Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League.

The decline was part of an overall four percent decrease across studio revenue (gaming, TV, cinema) as revealed in the company's latest quarterly earnings report.

Warner Bros. Discovery is still yet to give exact sales figures for Rocksteady's Suicide Squad game, though in an earnings call in February the company's chief financial officer Gunnar Wiedenfels stated the game had "fallen short of our expectations". Later, it was revealed the company took a $200m loss on the game.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Dark Souls 2 is an often overlooked entry in the Souls series, despite just how unique it was in experimenting with its mechanics and atmosphere back in 2014. In being sandwiched between the now iconic original Dark Souls, and developer FromSoftware's later efforts like Bloodborne, it's at times forgotten - thought of as an experiment, a tangent that wasn't followed up on. Even so, the modding community around Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin is blossoming on PC right now, and among the most remarkable mod offerings for the game is the Dark Souls 2 Lighting Engine.
                        Essentially, Lighting Engine is a replacement of the game's original engine, allowing major changes to its visuals, and offers a toolbox of sorts for others in the modding community to go much further. At its core, installing the Lighting Engine mod adds new anti-aliasing options like Nvidia's DLSS and AMD's FSR - replacing the FXAA post processing of the official release. We get lighting upgrades, volumetric fog, vastly improved shadows, ground truth ambient occlusion, and it even re-arranges foliage, trees and terrain with new meshes. This is just scratching the surface, with more features that are work in progress. It's a simple one to install too: go to Nexus Mods, download, unpack, and replace the shader folder next to the Darksouls 2.exe with the new one - along with several other files - and you're good to go. From here, the upgrades are transformative in spots like Forest of the Fallen Giants, and No Man's Wharf.
                        All of which raises the question: is this the Dark Souls 2 remaster that we've needed all these years? Of course, Dark Souls 2 has technically already received a remaster of sorts with the Scholar of the First Sin update in 2015 - a year after its initial release on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. The idea was to upgrade it from DX9 to DX11 with improved lighting, textures, enemy placement, bug fixes, while bundling in the first three DLC expansions. However, despite this suite of upgrades, Scholar of the First Sin still falls short by modern standards. Certainly, it doesn't live up to the captivating early trailer of Dark Souls 2: the E3 2013 reveal where interplay between light and shadow was a major mechanic of play, where wind physics and volumetric effects played a bigger role. All of this was ultimately dialled back in the final release, and failed to make the grade in Scholar of the First Sin as well. Ten years on, then, it's impressive to see at least some of that early promise realised by an advanced mod like Lighting Engine, as devised by a fan of the game.
                        Read more

More...

Comment

• Fallout: London is the "fastest-redeemed" game of all time on GOG.
                          The fan-made mod - which is being distributed for free via GOG's platform, hence why the digital games distributor can't use terms like "fastest-selling" - was redeemed more than 500,000 times in its first 24 hours.
                          "The initial release of Fallout: London quickly turned out to be an incredible success - and a prime example of how work of passion and creativity can bring in a plethora of new, exciting ways to enjoy a game," GOG said.
                          Read more

More...

Comment

• While we may have already known that Geralt will not be the focus of CD Projekt Red's next The Witcher game, voice actor Doug Cockle has confirmed he'll at least be reprising the role in The Witcher 4.
                            In an interview in which Cockle tries to remember his most iconic lines, the voice of Geralt of Rivia confirmed that Geralt will be "part of the [next] game", but the storyline will "not be about him this time".
                            "Witcher 4 has been announced," he teased (thanks, PC Gamer) halfway through his famous lines test. "I can't say anything about it.
                            Read more

More...

Comment

• Fortnite will host another Marvel-focused season, this time centering on Doctor Doom, accompanied by yet more superhero faces for Epic Games' evergreen battle royale.

Details of Fortnite's next season, named Fortnite x Marvel: Absolute Doom, were announced this morning during Disney's D23 fan event, and livestreamed in Fortnite itself.

Marvel boss Kevin Feige was joined on stage by Star Wars legend Dave Filoni and Pixar head honcho Pete Doctor, who additionally detailed a treasure trove of Disney franchises also set to get crossovers in Fortnite over the coming months, as Epic Games' integration with the Mouse House deepens.

Read more

More...

Comment

• It looks like PlayStation is introducing user reviews on the PS Store.
                                In a thread entitled "When did PlayStation start allowing written reviews?", an eagle-eyed PS5 owner noted on the PlayStation subreddit that the company was inviting user reviews for a select number of games.
                                Whilst fans have long been able to rate games from zero to five stars out of five, this is the first time players have been invited to leave a written review.
                                Read more

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X