No announcement yet.

Where You Buy Your Computer Cases?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BioWare has revealed the voice cast for Dragon Age: The Veilguard, which will feature four voice options for protagonist Rook.

Alex Jordan, perhaps best known for making the sex noises in Baldur's Gate 3, is one of your Rook options. (He's also Mr Hands in Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty.)

Alternatively, you can pick from Bryony Corrigan (as seen in Good Omens and The Goes Wrong Show), Erika Ishii (Valkyrie in Apex Legends, Ana Bray in Destiny 2) or Jeff Berg (Battlefield 1). BioWare notes that these actors provide "two options from US/North American personalities and two from the United Kingdom/EU".

Read more

More...

Comment

• Just weeks after Microsoft's major Xbox Game Pass shakeup, a new report claims the company is mulling over a variety of additional subscription tiers in a bid to expand the service's reach, including a tier offering access to the Game Pass catalogue exclusively via cloud gaming.

That's according Windows Central's Jez Corden who, in a lengthy article discussing Game Pass' future, claims to have heard from sources that Microsoft's is "working towards" a cloud-only version that would be "cheaper and more approachable" than Game Pass Ultimate.

The aim is said to be two-fold, with Microsoft hoping the tier will appeal to those put off by the upfront costs of a console, as well as to existing owners of competing consoles who don't want to buy an Xbox but might find the Game Pass catalogue appealing. It's reportedly also intending to monetise the cloud-only service further by offering digital ownership of individual games in its catalogue, should a user wish to buy something outright.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Cataclismo is the next game from Moonlighter developer Digital Sun and it's out now in early access.

The game was previously shown at 2023's Humble Games showcase, as well as the Triple-i showcase back in April to generate plenty of interest. It's also published by Manor Lords publisher Hooded Horse.

Cataclismo is a twist on real-time strategy and tower defence, where players are tasked with building a fortress and defending it from endless hordes of demonic enemies, all with a unique moonlit art style.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Sony has released its latest PlayStation 5 system software update, introducing shareable links so players can invite others to quickly jump into their multiplayer sessions.

Sony first revealed it was working on shareable multiplayer links for PlayStation 5 back in May. And now, two and a bit months later, the feature (albeit seemingly with certain announced elements still to come) is here as part of the snappily titled 24.05-09.60.00 PS5 update.

"To invite other players [to a game]," explains Sony's patch notes, "open the game session action card and select Share Link. Then, scan the QR code with your mobile device to share the link." The company notes the feature only works for open sessions that anyone can join.

Read more

More...

Comment

• Concord, the upcoming 5v5 hero shooter from Sony's Firewalk Studios, is bucking the battle pass trend, with its developer telling players, "You own Concord, Concord doesn't own you."

Firewalk Studios announced the news in a series of posts on social media, explaining Concord won't have a battle pass because it "wanted to focus [its] attention on making Concord a rewarding and robust experience on day one, where just playing the game, levelling up your accounts and characters, and completing jobs yields meaningful rewards."

In a seperate post, Concord gameplay animation director Mark DeRidder wrote, "No Battle Pass, folks. You own Concord, Concord doesn't own you."

Read more

More...

Comment

• A free demo for Rise of the Ronin is now available on PlayStation 5 via the PlayStation store.
              The demo allows you to battle it out with Gonzo (we won't say any more in case of spoilers), giving a taste of what lies ahead.
              You'll then be able to carry your character and progress to the full game, should you choose to purchase it.
              Read more

More...

Comment

• This is your friendly reminder that Microsoft is set to close its Xbox 360 digital store on 29th July – that's next Monday – so you have just a few days left to make the most of those last discounts on some of the best Xbox 360 games of the generation.
                Microsoft announced a raft of discounts on Xbox 360 digital games back in May. Whilst some games will live on via other platforms and services – including Microsoft's comprehensive backwards compatibility system – there are a handful of games that will disappear from sale forever. So, if you've ever fancied one, now's the time to pick it up.
                X user Kalyoshika has shared a list of the games/DLC that "will not survive", as well as "a couple of games that are going from cheap, easy-to-get digital copies", to "impossible-to-get, expensive, piracy only, jump-through-hoops to play".
                Read more

More...

Comment

• This week on the Eurogamer Newscast, we discuss the downsides and upsides of the video game battle pass.

In a week where PlayStation live-service hopeful Concord trumpeted the fact it won't sell you a battle pass as a marketing beat, and Apex Legends dialled back (some of) its battle pass changes following fan fury, we consider the options available to video game makers hoping to ensure their latest releases keep being played - and paid for - well after release.
                  Would more people play Concord if it was a free-to-play title with a battle pass? Or is it better served by being a £40 launch? Not everyone can promise they'll never sell post-launch content, as Stardew Valley's creator did this week. But there's clearly a balance to be struck to ensure players don't feel fleeced, particularly when full-priced launches like Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League are getting in on the act too. Joining me this week are Eurogamer's Ed Nightingale and Victoria Kennedy to discuss.
                  Read more

More...

Comment

• Yesterday's dramatic announcement of strike action by video game actors over AI concerns may have less of an immediate impact on upcoming titles than first thought.

While the SAG-AFTRA union has indeed voted for voice artists and performance capture personnel to strike from today, a large swathe of projects now appear unaffected.

This includes any video game in development as of a year ago, including (for now) live service games, according to statements from both SAG-AFTRA and the companies the strike will hit, obtained by Kotaku reporter Ethan Gach.

Read more

More...

Comment

• CEO of Paradox Fredrik Wester has admitted the publisher "made the wrong calls in several projects", following the cancellation of its The Sims competitor Life By You.

The game was cancelled back in June, and the internal studio behind the project, Paradox Tectonic, was closed.

Wester commented on Life By You as part of Paradox's latest financial earnings report, stating the cancellation was a "difficult decision... as the game would not be able to meet our expectations."

Read more

More...

Comment

• No Rest for the Wicked developer Moon Studios has released its first new content update for the early access release.
                        Known as The Crucible update, it brings a "whole new Crucible" (seems fitting), as well as a new fungal enemy faction known as the Gloam, a new Exalted item status, the promise of "more visceral" combat and more.
                        You can check out a little teaser for the update in the video below.
                        Read more

More...

Comment

• Netflix's BioShock adaptation has been "reconfigured" to be a "more personal" film with a tighter budget.
                          That's according to producer Roy Lee, who told fans at a panel at San Diego Comic-Con that changes at the top of Netflix's movie department have seen the budget streamlined.
                          "The new regime has lowered the budgets," Lee added, as reported by Variety.
                          Read more

More...

Comment

• UK actors' union Equity stands "in solidarity" with SAG-AFTRA following news of a strike, though won't be authorising a strike itself.

Yesterday, the US actors' union announced a strike after failing to reach a deal with major video game companies over the use of AI following "more than a year and a half of negotiations".

"Equity stands in total solidarity with SAG-AFTRA who have taken the brave decision to authorise a strike against US video games companies," reads a statement from Equity assistant general secretary John Barclay.

Read more

More...

Comment

• The Garden Path begins with a message asking you to be careful when foraging plants in the real world and, as someone who spent their teenage years living in the middle of nowhere, trust me when I say this is good advice. (Sometimes you have to make your own fun, but eating too much marsh samphire can churn your stomach.) It's also fitting advice from a game where foraging plays a major role in cultivating your garden. You'll venture out into the storybook-styled wildness, snipping plant cuttings or collecting flower buds, before finding the right place to plant your seedlings and watch them grow.
                              Though, even with this knowledge in mind, the first hours of The Garden Path do feel a little directionless. Sure a tutorial will pop up occasionally and there's a hint about a mysterious note, but neither provide much overall guidance; the tutorial only appears when you encounter a relevant mechanic and the note being, well, a mystery. Due to this, I felt more like I was lost in the woods rather than exploring them when I first arrived in the garden, so I decided to craft my own path. In my inventory lay a pair of broken secateurs and on my map sat three question marks, making my quest one of investigating these three locations to see if any held the answer to fixing my tool.
                              It didn't take long to reach my first location where I met Augustus - a bear who happens to be a park ranger, which is odd considering I always thought bears like to eat those. Maybe Augustus is a vegetarian. Thankfully, it was a good thing I ran into Augustus because he had the other half of my secateurs and, for the price of some bracken sprigs, he helpfully fixed them! From there I ventured further into the garden where I met Larto, a buffalo who taught me how to fish, and Thom (strong Tom Bombadil vibes here) who sells seeds.
                              Read more

More...

Comment

• Coral Island developer Stairway Games has responded to the lack of Switch port, blaming the recent layoffs at Humble Games for leaving console versions "in a place of uncertainty".

The cosy life-sim game received over $1.6m in Kickstarter funding. However, some backers who specifically backed the game for a Switch version are angry at the lack of news for a port. Other backers have claimed requests for PS4 keys have been automatically upgraded to PS5 without consent.

At present, the game is available on PC via Steam, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S (plus Game Pass), but not Switch.

Read more

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X